jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What is a good alternative program to Outlook Express?

1. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 4 years ago

What is a good alternative program to Outlook Express?

2. agvulpes profile image86
    agvulpesposted 4 years ago

You could have a look at Thunderbird created by the Mozilla the same crowd who make Firefox. (my preferred browser) It is free and open source smile
    I personally don't use an 'email client'? anymore. (I lost all of my 'email' after a major computer crash),  I just use 'gmail' so that I can access it from any computer!   Some people say this is not a good idea but after 10 years I have had no problems.

stricktlydatingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks that seems to solve my windows mail problem using vista. I just keep a copy at gmail so I always have access to my email from anywhere too

3. toptendeals profile image81
    toptendealsposted 4 years ago

I use Thunderbird at work.  It's free.  It's easy.  It works.

That's keeping it simple. Just the way I like it, so thanks toptendeals!

4. BradTheGeek profile image76
    BradTheGeekposted 4 years ago

I have to agree and say Thunderbird.  Did you know that you can have thunder rd (or any other local mail program) read your Gmail?  This can be handy several ways.  If you like the email program better than Gmail you gain those benefits, but can still read your mail with Gmail on another device (phone,tab,or computer.). Also, when set up correctly it is a backup of your Gmail.  Google has lost mail in the past so it provides some security there.  Also if you fill up  your Gmail account you can keep the local backup and delete the online copy.

Great! Thank you for your good advice it's much appreciated!

5. profile image52
    stevenpetersposted 4 years ago

Make use of next solution outlook express repair from article Outlook Express Repair Toolbox

Given material http://www.outlookexpress.repairtoolbox.com/ contains helpful info for your question

working