jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Where can you find free photos online besides Flickr, Wikipedia, and Google comm

1. davenstan profile image72
    davenstanposted 5 years ago

Where can you find free photos online besides Flickr, Wikipedia, and Google commons?

2. LauraGT profile image91
    LauraGTposted 5 years ago

My favorites so far are freedigitalphotos and stock.xchng

3. Sage in a Cage profile image81
    Sage in a Cageposted 5 years ago

I usually use http://www.wheretofindfreeimages.com/ which is a nifty little page where you can search on loads of online sources of free images suitable for commercial use.

4. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 5 years ago

Actually, I'd strongly recommend taking your own photos of the things you write about. Cell phone photos work just fine. Capture a beautiful dawn/sunset, cute animals (dogs, cats, wildlife), etc. Your readers have seen all the same free photos before... Impress them with something simple that you created (shot)--if it's obvious that you, the author, took the photo I think the reader is more interested in what you have to say, also. Plus you can get exactly the shot you want. That's my $0.02 anyway.

5. jacqui2011 profile image81
    jacqui2011posted 5 years ago

I use www.publicdomainpictures.net for free photos. The best type of photos to use are ones that are actually taken by you. I wrote a hub on soap, it was a step by step guide to making it, and took photos of each stage and it has been my most popular hub yet, with lots of lovely comments on my photos.

6. davenstan profile image72
    davenstanposted 5 years ago

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I will consider taking some photos myself...when I think about it.

7. mizjo profile image75
    mizjoposted 5 years ago

Try photobucket, sxc.hu,imageshack.  I've never tried the last one., but the first two are quite good.

8. Lipnancy profile image93
    Lipnancyposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the question. It helped me out. Personally I think the picture sells. I plan to book mark this question so I can refer to it when creating future hubs.

9. cheaptoys profile image61
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

goggle free stock photos and you will be presented with many sites

10. mercuryservices profile image81
    mercuryservicesposted 4 years ago

working