jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I fix sound problems on my computers?

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image91
    Les Trois Chenesposted 4 years ago

How do I fix sound problems on my computers?

Both main computer and netbook (each with their own speakers) have same crackling, echoing sounds when I listen to BBC Radio 4 live. It is not a problem when I 'listen again'  to old programmes. Is it a problem with the WiFi? What can I do about it?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

If it only happens with one specific program, then it's probably an issue with the website broadcasting it, not your speakers or sound card. I'm not sure what would cause the live version to be different than the non-live version, but you could try asking around on the site (if they have forums or a help section). If the problem is coming from the broadcast, then other people will have experienced it too.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

I cannot answer your question, but only state that back when I was the unofficial IT person in my office in the Intel 386, sound cards and the settings gave me more problems than anything else. Based on what you are saying, I would suggest you try plugging the computers into wired Ethernet jacks and see if that solves the problem. If it does, it would indicate that your WiFi signal is just a little too weak. You can purchase boosters for a reasonable amount that will enhance the signal.
    Good luck.

4. Les Trois Chenes profile image91
    Les Trois Chenesposted 4 years ago

Many thanks for your answers. Today the sound is OK so perhaps it was the BBC site that had the problem. I'll remember your good advice, MT and Larry, for next time.

working