jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Why does my virus checker tell me that this site has a bad reputation and can it

1. leni sands profile image75
    leni sandsposted 4 years ago

Why does my virus checker tell me that this site has a bad reputation and can it be fixed?

My virus checker Avast! has warned me about using this site, indicating that it has a bad reputation.  It indicates that 5 companies at least are tracking everything I do on hubpages which concerns me somewhat.  I have recently been enjoying re-gigging my hubs and receiving feedback again after a period of time off so this has been a bit of a wake up call.  I will endeavour to keep rating the site upwards but wondered if there was anything Hubpages could do to improve its reputation?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8555323_f260.jpg

2. itknol profile image81
    itknolposted 4 years ago

Hi Leni,
    I'm using avast! as well and have no such issues. Furthermore Hubpages is a legitimate website and there is nothing to worry about.
    I advice you to lower the sensitivity of your web scanner, or simply remove the web reputation addon from your browser.
    Also, if there is an option, simply mark the site as safe. In the options of Avast, there should also be something like a 'safe list' where to add websites you are certain about.

Hope this helps.

1. leni sands profile image75
      leni sandsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you - I will check the settings as you advice.  I used to use AVG but it kept slowing my computer down so I recently switched to Avast! for Firefox and noticed the orange message in the corner.  It did worry me as I know Hubpages is a good site

2. itknol profile image81
      itknolposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are most welcome, Leni.
      Well, I have installed more than 400 copies of avast over the years and no one has complained yet. Let's just say every software is as good as its settings smile Cheers.

working