jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Can you post on a facebook group as the group, now yourself, if you are the admi

1. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 4 years ago

Can you post on a facebook group as the group, now yourself, if you are the admin?

I have been trying to figure out how to post in the group I admin in facebook with the group name, but I have only been able to post with my own name.
    I think some posts would earn more "importance" if made in the groups name. Do you know if it's possible and how I would do it?

2. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image60
    Mahfoudh Muhammedposted 4 years ago

I've been om facebook for several years and I never seen any group admin posting as "the group". Therefore, I believe that is impossible.

1. Robie Benve profile image98
      Robie Benveposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's the impression I had too, but I wanted to ask the question in case anyone knew "the secret". Thanks smile

3. ilikegames profile image80
    ilikegamesposted 4 years ago

You can do this with Facebook pages but not groups unfortunately.

4. Bills Place profile image84
    Bills Placeposted 4 years ago

ilikegames is correct, with pages you can post as the "page owner" For example I run the Haymoore's page, I can switch between myself or the "Haymoore's" name to post. I tried this with my group when I created it and wasn't able to, which doesn't seem right.

However, you may be able to put (Admin) after your name or change your nickname settings to "Group Name" Admin. But then any wall posts would also show that.

working