When does a hub become too personal?

1. merej99 profile image82
    merej99posted 4 years ago

When does a hub become too personal?

I can understand writing about history, reviews, recipes and travel - but when does a hub get too personal?  All our stuff is online and we share our photos and stories on pinterest, FB, here and other forums.  Where's the line of "TMI" when our information, photos and lives become a feeding frenzy for identity theft and such?

2. glassvisage profile image90
    glassvisageposted 4 years ago

I find myself toeing this line a lot. I like to share my experiences,  thoughts, etc., but in the process am careful not to share much about names, where I live, or photos that I wouldn't want the general public to see. I feel comfortable sharing personal stories, like my experience as an anorexic, but not so much personal detail that others can use for, as you mentioned,  identify theft.

3. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

There are two ways a hub can be too personal. One is writing a hub about your experience with say dating. If it is not a hub that others can learn from, it is too personal and may not get published or indexed. Re identity theft, if you ever wrote a hub giving personal statistics it would go nowhere. If you start giving out your email address and personal info to a hubber, you might need to be careful. Also, be careful with phishing problems with a a fake paypal. Don't click on links. sign in directly to site.