jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

For filesharing do you prefer...

1. merej99 profile image82
    merej99posted 4 years ago

For filesharing do you prefer...

Dropbox or Winzip?
    What are your experiences with either?
    Do you feel confident that your files are secure in it?

2. Electro-Denizen profile image80
    Electro-Denizenposted 4 years ago

Winzip lets you connect with Dropbox, but they are not comparable systems really. Dropbox is a great way to spread important files across different devices, as well as keeping a copy in the cloud. Zipping larger files before putting them in dropbox might be a good idea - on the other hand, personally, I don't feel that using dropbox for large files is a good use of the system, though it works great for word documents etc. When you startup the computer (or whenever dropbox is set to startup), it indexes all the files, which can take a while. This can be a little frustrating and slow startup down considerably.

As to actual file sharing to other people, dropbox
    is no good (unless you're happy to all share the same folder), though it serves as a great system for oneself. Sharing files on google docs is probably one of the better methods I've used, where it's possible to contribute to a shared document and annotate each others work.

3. Alphapx profile image68
    Alphapxposted 4 years ago

I always use Winzip since this is the best and the original software ever created before all these software.

4. Cameron Corniuk profile image89
    Cameron Corniukposted 4 years ago

Actually, I've been using Google Drive. Next week, I am testing out Skydrive. I have and use Dropbox which is close to everything else, but it makes for one more app. At least G drive launches right from something I'm always using anyhow be it my Gmail or G+ account.