jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What should be the first thing to do after accidentally dropping your phone in t

1. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 3 years ago

What should be the first thing to do after accidentally dropping your phone in the pool?

Is there really a trick to save the device from grounding? Of course given your phone is not waterproof.

2. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 3 years ago

I know someone that dropped a cell phone in water and this was the remedy that worked: immediately dry off the phone, then remove the battery, then place the phone in a zip lock bag with dry, uncooked white rice which will dry it out; leave it in the rice for a day or two, then give it a try; otherwise, contact your cell phone provider for further advice and help.

Hope that helps!

1. Chinaimport profile image89
      Chinaimportposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Rice works, but Silica gel is better.  You can find Silica gel (silicon dioxide) in most hardware stores.  Put phone in an air tight container with few packets of Silica gel for 24 hours to remove all moisture.

3. Lowdown0 profile image82
    Lowdown0posted 3 years ago

I have a hydro phone which is supposed to be able to be dropped in water and be fine, haven't tested it though.

The first thing to do would be to turn the phone off, this will keep it from frying the mother board, it's the same with a computer. Then take apart and let dry.

4. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 3 years ago

Turn it off!    (This answer was too short smile

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i can';t swim, I will shriek for help instead or get a life buoy and jump into the pool for it