jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is it difficult to find the correct niche?

1. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Is it difficult to find the correct niche?

I have been writing for a while now and have been trying to focus on the correct niche. I have improved as I continued to write many  different hubs. Do you think it is the way to go to write more to get that niche or do you have another idea?

2. Kylyssa profile image95
    Kylyssaposted 3 years ago

I've found my assortment of niches by writing on a variety of topics that interest me or that I have some degree of expertise in.  I've decided which topics were dead ends and which ones were winners based on what gets shared by my readers the most.

None of my more appreciated niche topics have much at all to do with my areas of professional expertise.  You'd think as a former award-winning specialty florist my best niche topics would have something to do with floral design.  You might also think as a former sea-life aquaculturist with print published aquarium articles that sea-life and aquarium topics would do well for me.  Nope.  Neither area of expertise has yielded a profitable online niche for me.

I have instructions for finding your niche(s) the way I did in one of my hubs but it seemed inappropriate to mention it by name here.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have written on  many topics and have got myself in the same situation thank you

3. Tricia Deed profile image91
    Tricia Deedposted 3 years ago

To date I am experiencing with different niches. I think the correct niche depends on where your interest lies. For instance, if money is of concern then it seems that one needs to focus on profit type niches. If one wishes to share or educate then an area of expertise is in order.

One needs to make up their mind as to where their interests are and be willing to accept both nonprofit and profitable results.

A good money making niche recommended is the finance world, but if financing is not your expertise, and writing about it is difficult...well, there's a problem.

If jewelry is your niche and you can only make a small amount of money but you enjoy making jewelry. All I can say is "Hang in there until you discover that piece of jewelry that can be a goldmine for you." Or continue to make and write about jewelry for the enjoyment of the adventure.

1. DDE profile image24

Well said,  experiencing is also great thank you very much.

4. micko27 profile image77
    micko27posted 3 years ago

1. The correct niche is niche you like!
    2. What you like = what you are more interested in and obsessed with
    3. What you are more interested in you will make a better content about it
    4. The better content = everything!

1. DDE profile image24

Great answer!  A passion for the niche. Thank you