jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Most of My Traffic Seems to be From Russia Does Anyone Else See This? I find it

1. Dressage Husband profile image80
    Dressage Husbandposted 3 years ago

Most of My Traffic Seems to be From Russia Does Anyone Else See This? I find it Odd as a Canadian!

This has been the case for the last moth or so and seems to have been since Google traffic started to disappear.

2. Romanian profile image73
    Romanianposted 3 years ago

I also have sometimes a lot of views from Russia, but only in some days, not all the month. I think there are some bots or spiders, I don't think it's real people.

1. Dressage Husband profile image80
      Dressage Husbandposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I thought that at first but bots do not stay these visitors are averaging 8 minutes, which is about twice my Hub average. Maybe they like the music videos on some of my Hubs? The visits are coming from only a few peoples IP's. That is all I know.

3. Don Fairchild profile image78
    Don Fairchildposted 3 years ago

As an operator of a web site myself, I can tell you that all web sites are under constant barrage of attacks from all over the world.  The worst offenders are from China, Korea, South America, Russian Federation and more. 
    These crooks are trying a huge variety of ways to make money off of you and the website itself, they are looking for ways to steal identity or any information that they can convert into money.  Of course, content on HP is of most value here.
    Your website operators have the ability to control most of these attacks, but in fairness it is a long hard battle that changes hour by hour.  So don't blame the website operator as this is a very big difficult problem.
    This kind of traffic has to have a negative impact on our google ratings as well, so keep that in mind.

working