jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Firefox Is Blocking Adobe Flash?

1. PhoenixV profile image77
    PhoenixVposted 2 years ago

Firefox Is Blocking Adobe Flash?

What should I do when Firefox is blocking adobe flash and it wants me to update or intsall new versions of Adobe flash, but it does not seem to resolve the issue of Firefox blocking adobe flash? What is going on? I keep getting a message: Firefox has prevented the unsafe plugin "Adobe Flash" from running "continue blocking or Allow". How do I fix this problem?

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago

That is happening to me too so I hope we find out. I have two servers though and when Firefox gives me trouble I just use the other. I only prefer Firefox because I have it set up to clear all the history once I shut it down and it keeps me from getting sluggish with all that.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

When I updated flash, it stopped giving me the blocking message. I suspect it was a feature of a recent firefox update that prevented outdated versions of flash from conflicting with newer websites. Though I'm just guessing. If updating your flash player doesn't resolve the issue, I suspect Firefox will have an update soon to address it.

4. Kailua-KonaGirl profile image90
    Kailua-KonaGirlposted 2 years ago

Adobe Flash is becoming a thing of the past. Flash is going away, and everyone should uninstall it at some point in the future. Here’s how to get rid of Flash, whether you’re using a browser’s built-in plug-in or a system-wide plug-in on Windows, Mac OS X, Chrome OS, or Linux:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/222275/how-to- … b-browser/

working