jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)

What's your opinion of Windows 10?

1. The Dirt Farmer profile image96
    The Dirt Farmerposted 2 years ago

What's your opinion of Windows 10?

I upgraded to it using the free download then bought a new computer with Windows 10 already installed-- the personal use version, not the more expensive version for business use. I was wondering what others thought about the operating system.

2. Buildreps profile image89
    Buildrepsposted 2 years ago

All Windows versions suck smile That's my opinion.

The Dirt Farmerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

lol Have you tried Windows 10?

2. Buildreps profile image89
      Buildrepsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Don't have to. Version 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all basically the same. What most people don't know is that it still contains bits and pieces of the old DOS-core, and that is why it is inferior compared to Linux.

3. The Dirt Farmer profile image96

Ten is noticeably different to me. It's app-driven, if I'm saying that correctly.

4. W. Joe B. profile image74
      W. Joe B.posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Not really a substantive answer, now is it?

5. Buildreps profile image89

It isn't a very insightful answer indeed. Jill can always delete it if she wants.

6. The Dirt Farmer profile image96

??????????????????

7. W. Joe B. profile image74

I agree that Windows was really a "johnny-come-lately" OS that made an IBM-based computer work like a Mac. Unfortunately, the majority wants "point and click" convenience & can't handle Linux.

8. The Dirt Farmer profile image96

Thanks for clarifying, Joe. I readily admit that I am not a computer expert but someone who uses computers as a tool and appreciates user friendliness. All the best, Jill

9. W. Joe B. profile image74

I build websites, Jill, and most of my clients want an easy to edit product. That's why Windows is the default OS. Of all the Windows versions, XP is still the best, but now obsolete, Hence 10...

10. Buildreps profile image89

I was referring to my own answer in response to Joe, Jill. I realize that you thought I was referring to your answer. Sorry for this miscommunication. I assume this is how misconceptions arise in communications. smile

11. The Dirt Farmer profile image96

No worries! (:

3. W. Joe B. profile image74
    W. Joe B.posted 2 years ago

Jill, I have three computers and have upgraded two of them to Windows 10 and left the third in Windows 7 as a control. I would not use Windows 8 after I test-drove it on my wife's machine. There are still some bugs, but that is to be expected. When a new OS comes out, there will be constant updates that will eventually end up as Service Pack 1 or something similar.
    Overall, I am impressed by Windows 10.  It brings many improvements to the table, such as the "store" where one can fond free apps to replace the "in system" apps if you aren't happy with them. I've done that with several.
    As far as navigation, the travesty of Windows 8 has disappeared and the interface is back to user friendly. Looks like it will be a good move for Microsoft.

Hi Joe. I agree it's a good move for Microsoft. I'd like to try the business version, which I'm thinking wouldn't have so many gaming apps & other timewasters already loaded onto it. You were wise to keep a "control" computer. You never know!

2. W. Joe B. profile image74

I removed several apps that were "family candy" and installed several apps from the store to test drive. My Office 2010 Pro loaded with no problems and seems to be running fine.

working