jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Sometimes my cell phone photos are displayed upside down

1. vocalcoach profile image97
    vocalcoachposted 14 months ago

Sometimes my cell phone photos are displayed upside down

After downloading to Microsoft picture manager I rotate the pics that are upside down.  I save them to my picture files and they look good.  But when I try to use them in a photo caption for a hub the photos return to being upside down or sideways.  Help! Please!

This photo is placed right in my library but when I click on it to use in a hub as you can see it needs to be rotated again. What am I doing wrong?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13402512_f260.jpg

2. Mel Carriere profile image94
    Mel Carriereposted 14 months ago

This used to happen to me when I had an I-phone.  With Android it doesn't happen, for whatever reason.

vocalcoachposted 14 months agoin reply to this

My phone is "LG" - I think it is an android.  So frustrating.  Thanks Mel.

3. RoadMonkey profile image86
    RoadMonkeyposted 14 months ago

Have you tried "save as", rather than just "save"?

Yes - I always "save as."  Thank you so much.

2. RoadMonkey profile image86
      RoadMonkeyposted 14 months agoin reply to this

I never use the microsoft photo manager, I have my own photo software and once I rotate it within that and save, it remains the way I have set it. There is free photosoftware available on line, such as Gimp. Have you tried one of those programs?

3. vocalcoach profile image97

Thanks for suggesting free photo software. I tried Gimp but evidently their program isn't compatible with Microsoft windows 7.  I'm checking out a few other possibilities.  This is helpful.

4. RoadMonkey profile image86
      RoadMonkeyposted 14 months agoin reply to this

I use Serif photoplus, though that has now been replaced with their affinity brand. They used to have a free download version of photoplus, which was excellent. http://download.cnet.com/Serif-PhotoPlu … 47686.html

5. vocalcoach profile image97

Thank you RoadMonkey for this link.  Checking it out today.  Appreciate your help so much!

working