Update Issue Running Windows 10: I am in a most inconvenient loop of never-endin

1. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 13 months ago

Update Issue Running Windows 10: I am in a most inconvenient loop of never-ending updates. Help!

I have looked online but all I see is years old information. My software keeps updating, then getting stuck, sometimes for days. Usually, it stays on a black screen with a loading circle after the computer updates and restarts. So it seems that the update never fully completes, and sometimes I have to manually shut down the computer during the process. So basically, my computer needs an update, keeps trying to update, but does not successfully complete it. I am in school online so it is very stressful. I am not a computer tech guy and the comp is a Lenovo IdeaPad. Any help is appreciated!

2. stevarino profile image81
    stevarinoposted 13 months ago

My first instinct is to ask about your connectivity. Are you on wi-fi? You may want to take your machine to where you can get a strong  ethernet connection (like at a university library) and allow your Lenovo to process the updates.

Just my initial thought.

working