Can I get help with my website? SEO Experts please!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (47 posts)
  1. AllanWrites profile image60
    AllanWritesposted 14 years ago

The purpose of this post is not to self-promote. A few clicks isn't going to help me whatsoever. I just want advice.

I just started a website. http://new-electronics.net/

If you search for newest electronics, my parked domain, http://newestelectronics.net is the fifth result (which isn't too bad.)

I need help showing up on Google results better. Though you can kind of find me by searching "newest electronics" you can't find me at all when you search for "new electronics."

How do I increase exposure and profitability?

Thank you.

1. pricelessimprint profile image54
      pricelessimprintposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion, I would do a 301 redirect to whichever site you want to rank the highest and use Google's Webmaster tools to tell Google that all rank gained at the parked domain should be permanently transferred to the main domain.

Link building along with best SEO practices is the best way to improve page rank, and building a link network for one domain is hard enough.

You can email me at chris@pricelessimprinters.com if you want to learn more.

P.S.
      This is what I do for a living. Good luck!

2. AllanWrites profile image60

A few of my hubs have made it into the first page on google/yahoo search, like "lenovo y550p review" "how valid are iq tests" and etc. So I have the basics down, but what should I change about my site to make it more visible? It's only been up for about a day but I KNOW that it has been indexed for sure (Try searching for the exact domain.) For some reason I can only find one of my domains online hmm

1. madeline Oscar profile image61
      madeline Oscarposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Google Algorithm takes in consideration about 200 factor for ranking. Among which the top priority goes to Content.

3. FranyaBlue profile image73
    FranyaBlueposted 14 years ago

I am no SEO expert but I think that google only indexes one of your sites because they are both very similar and doesnt see the need to have both in its search results. I think.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong

1. Cayden Ryan profile image60
      Cayden Ryanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wrong, in a way, google has an algorithm, it doesn't actually care how many similar sites you have,

4. thooghun profile image94
    thooghunposted 14 years ago

I ran a useful meta analysis over at http://www.submitexpress.com and came up with the following results, perhaps you'll find them useful.

Title:    This tag contains too many characters.

This tag contains 128 characters. This is too many for what we would consider a 'robot friendly' web page. The maximum number of characters we recommend for this tag is 80.

Description:    Found no description meta tag.
    The description meta tag is used by most of the search engines. Consider adding a description meta tag.

Keywords:    Found no keywords meta tag.
    The keyword meta tag is still used by many search engines. Consider adding a keyword meta tag.

Robots:    Found no robots meta tag.
    This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Author:    Found no author meta tag.
    This tag is not really required but helps for your (company) name recognition.

Web page analysis.
    This page contains too many URLs.
    This tag contains 115 urls. Some Search Engines have problems with more than 100 urls on a page.
    The size of the web page is to big.
    The size of the web page is 57442 bytes.

AllanWritesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info but I don't know how what it means. Which links have no meta tags? Don't get it

2. AllanWrites profile image60

THANK YOU for this. I understand it now. Just edited my tags

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

first you have to stop searching for your own stuff while SIGNED in to google accounts on google when attempting to find google placement

You are most certainly not first page for newest electronics and you will most likely NEVER be first page for "New electronics"

Asking how can I make my brand new web site rank on the first page of google for a tech niche is like asking for the formula to turn lead to gold.

The answer is get to searching and learning and write tens of thousands of words and get tens of thousands of backlinks.

I would sell it on ebay, starting bid $99, allowing for best offers, be happy to let it go for $50

Than go buy 7 new domains with more useful and conquerable keywords

lol sunforged, go try it yourself, it's on the first page.

6. sunforged profile image70

i did, sorry, but your seeing customized search returns use a tool like scroogle.org

http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm

I don't understand sad

2. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL this one is rather crapoogle lol

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this
        1. Misha profile image62

LOL It's a nice tool, just the text on the page you linked to is a total hate mongering crap smile

? - the image changes with every page refresh? what you see, i did not.

1. Misha profile image62

LOL It actually had about two pages of rich hating crapola when I looked at it yikes

3. profile image0
      JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay, this is hilarious. In google. I can't find the web page I built for my husband. In scroogle his business name is number one on gig park and the #2 is the site I built him.

What's up with this?
      And thanks for the link. And sorry for hijacking.

7. sunforged profile image70

you are seeing personalized search results, while signed into google accounts (gmail,adsense,analytics, calender etc) you have visited your own page a billion times Im sure, now when you search for that term your past search history is perverting the returns.

You must not be signed into any google accounst whensearching for how your site ranks, or use a plug in for your browser or use teh google search link i just gave you

But I've tried it at other peoples houses where I've never logged in and they've never logged in and it's in the same spot on google

Like I said, if you try it yourself, you've never seen my site before, but you'll see my website on the first page

2. sunforged profile image70

as you wish.

1. Cayden Ryan profile image60
          Cayden Ryanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

to both of you, it is on first page, with quotes, without, its not

2. profile image0
      Tilecleaninghubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are just doing more harm to your good ranking website by having the same content on another website with different url.  Google will only recognize one website otherwise people would be buying 1000s of urls and posting same content.   You could make all new content on new website and start over if that is what you want.

I didn't do that, I just changed the main domain name. Now the old domain redirects to the new one.

I went into google webmaster tools and said I had a domain switch. Will this fix it?

8. sunforged profile image70

oops, end of last year google extended personalized search to every computer via cookies - you no longer need to be signed in

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/ … ryone.html

which makes finding a non-cookie search engine like scroogle or using a plug-in even more important than ever

i actually am going to have to do some checking on my own recent work as i dont always bother with the plug-in - google fascists

9. sunforged profile image70

if you want to disable teh issue forever get rid of web history

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/ … swer=54048

again, i've tried this at locations that have NEVER visited my website

what can i say...scroogle doesnt lie, lol

erase all your cookies and search again on regular google if you dont believe me, i am done..you have the knowledge, roll with it

before putting any work into that term, how many people search for "newest electronics" what kind of competition do you have for "new electronics"  ...foood for thought

27,000 users a month

..thats broad! and your level of competition was explained by the latest posters, think about what type of searcher is using that term in "quotes" ...what level of internet savvy individual is familiar with advanced google operators, hint, not your revenue generating traffic

Its a dead horse

2. 1974 profile image67
            1974posted 14 years agoin reply to this

once you get to the #1 spot, and don't see 27k users a month, go back to your adwords keyword tool and change it from "broad" to "exact"

2. MyWebs profile image78
      MyWebsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was going to suggest turning off Web History, but I see you figured it out now. I've had that off for a long time so I see real rankings while signed in. Thats the ticket.

10. sunforged profile image70

http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/tshirt9.gif

http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/village.gif

http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/chrome3.gif

3 refreshes

11. AllanWrites profile image60

I just deleted all browser temp files and tried again. It's fifth on the page.

Maybe scroogle hasnt found it, because the site's been up for like a day

1. MyWebs profile image78

I hate to burst your bubble, but sunforged is right. I didn't see either site listed in the top 30.

I'm really not trying to be mean or anything, but there is just no way in hell your going to rank top 10 within a day with 52M competing for very competitive keywords when you didn't even have meta description tags in place. #1 & #2 are PR8 & PR7 sites. Those are even higher PR sites than HubPages is.

12. Cayden Ryan profile image60
    Cayden Ryanposted 14 years ago

Allan, you own an exact match domain name, that IS gold, if used properly, you need to do keyword research on a site like adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal for the keyword/s you want to rank for, and use that information to help yourself rank. however, ranking for a term like your going after is like trying to outrank google, on google, it's tough, for instance, you will NEVER outrank adobe.com for the keywords click here, I promise

In my opinion new-electronics.net is great because it has the dash separating the keywords in the domain name. Thats the one I would focus on. Yes that is a great domain name for sure. I think I would be trying to flip it for some quick $$$

The other one would probably be seen as one long word, not so good. I have a hub about how to pick a good domain name that gets into some of these things.

13. AllanWrites profile image60

Thank you all for trying to help me.

Yeah well i've now realized that it seems to show up for certain people but not others (a majority do not see it)

I've ran a test on half a dozen locations, and it seems like people with certain ISPs tend to find mine more easily. Otherwise, my site is kind of invisible. I've messed with keyword density, meta tags, and more, and i've submitted my site links to be indexed...

I even am using google webmaster tools now

But it seems like it's not really working or hasn't worked yet, because maybe google thinks that i've plagiarized because i've submitted alot of my articles in multiple places.

One of my main goals is to get my 2010 laptop buying guide on the first page of google when you search "laptop buying guide" or "laptop buying guide 2010."

To accomplish this, i've messed with keyword density a whole lot, replacing "computer" with laptop, etc etc

I've also backlinked in a few places.

If anyone could help me achieve this, or explain to me why it won't work, or what I need to do to fix this, please help.

Thank you smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is your budget? wink

14. Island Tropical profile image60
    Island Tropicalposted 14 years ago

Sure, anytime, read my hub to find out more about SEO.

15. AllanWrites profile image60

Surprise!

When you search for newest electronics you now find my website on the first page of google results

(Even when using scroogle!)

Now I will agree with you. I see newestelectronics.net placing #7 on Google.com for "Newest Electronics". Much of this is probably the freshness factor, because your site is new. Once Google pulls this signal away your likely to drop like a rock down the SERP's. So don't stop working on it just because your at the top.

Keep working on getting more and more back links so you stay there!

Why is your title "New Electronics" when your targeting "Newest Electronics" here???? THAT makes no sense at all and your giving up a valuable signal in Google's algorithm. I would make it "Newest Electronics" and never change it.

I changed the domain because i changed the actual site's domain

16. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

The trick I found to get my husband's name to #1 on google was gigpark. It didn't get our website up there, but the company name and phone # is number 1 in it's industry. You might want to give that a shot for more promotion too. Good strong backlink.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)