If you haven't taken your Market Samurai Trail Yet....

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (26 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Then JUST DO IT.

Its fantastic. For 12 days I am taking advantage of the free trial, having watched the first couple of video tutorials, and snapping up dozens of great keywords for hubpages to last me at least 3 months of publishing. If I find the time over the next few days, then maybe even 6 months (not all on this account of course wink )

If you have not taken the free trial, have not watched at least the first couple of videos, then never ever come onto this forum and ask why you are not earning.

I believe that this free trial alone will double my earnings over the next 6 months, and if it does I am going to subscribe for the full whack.

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

That was supposed to read 'trial' of course wink

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you can get a 30 day via the 30dc site...probably other places as well.

You can also get a trial for every computer you own.

Its worth buying though.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are there any other bits of software which can rival this Sunforged? Or is this truly the best out there?

1. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I prefer Micro Niche Finder - cleaner, faster but not necessarily better.

The AIR platform that MS runs on is a system hog and many with older laptops complain about performance.

2. jaymelee23 profile image65
      jaymelee23posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I told you Ryan! It's a great product! I love the SEO competition filter so you can see internal and external backlinks. Market Samurai is awesome!

3. Uzdawi profile image73
    Uzdawiposted 13 years ago

If You sign up for The Challenge( www . challenge . co), You get 64 days trial.Keyword elite is quite good, but Market Samurai is definitely better.

4. Mutiny92 profile image64
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

Ryan,

The Keyword Academy has been very good for me...I am working hard at their lessons.

5. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I tried both, and picked Micro Niche finder. Market Samurai has some pretty good features, but I got the feeling that they increased the amount of stuff you needed to do, simply to allow people who were new to the game to be able to do it.

I would definitely suggest trying out both before settling!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My main interest right now is the Rank Checker. I'm a bit surprised to hear them talking about checking your rank every few DAYS to see how your promotional efforts are doing.  Seems to me that just encourages the obsessive over-checking that's a temptation for newbies anyway - surely it takes more than a few days to see results?

6. englightenedsoul profile image57
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

I think if you signup for the ED Dale 30 day challenge, your 12 day full access trial automatically gets extended to 100 days.  I still have 63 days remaining.  Anyone wanting to signup for the free 100 days trial can check my hub on free SEO tools and website promotion software, though I am not sure if they are still allowing the extension of the trial as the challenge is halfway through.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yippee, the longer trial link still works!

7. Smart Rookie profile image61
    Smart Rookieposted 13 years ago

I'm trying it out. I got a little frustrated when I went to compare the results of a keyword in MS's SEO Traffic report with the Wordtracker SEO plugin, just as a comparison, and got wildly different results.

I would hazard a guess that a $150 product might be more reliable than a free browser plug-in that only has one function.

By the way, do you guys use the standard filter parameters (for example PBR of 15%, SEO Traffic minimum of 80, SEOC 30,000 SEOV=30?) I'm wondering if that should be tweaked at all for better results.

1. jaymelee23 profile image65

I use the google keyword tool set on exact to find good keywords then enter them into Market Samurai and check that keyword phrase out for SEO competition.  It gives you all the external backlinks and internal ones. You have to use the little drop down thingy to check internal or all links.  The top 10 are the most important. I don't worry about how many pages that show up for the keyword phrase... just the first 10. If it's low on internal and external then I go for it.  I also use Market Samurai to track my articles and where they rank. It will show you if they move up and down if you refresh every day. It also displays how many backlinks are present for each article.

I don't use the keyword finder on Market Samurai because it is the same thing as Google's and I find Google's easier to use. I use the previous tool though...not the new one that came out recently. I hate the new one.

I've been seeing a lot of those MFA (Made for Adsense) sites. Those are another good indicator to get to page 1 in a short time. Those sites have already researched and ranked for one of the top ten. Just remember, we have the internal linking factor here to help us... those MFA ones don't. because they are often only a page or a few pages.  Just build backlinks and vary the anchor text and you should rank good.

2. profile image54
      bigphil22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally I use a PBR 30% minimum. I learnt that after picking a bad keyword phrase. What happened was I picked a keyword say "Three letter word". The stats were good and thought it would be easy to rank for it. It was but the traffic was not there. I checked semrush.com and saw 90% of the traffic was for "letter three word" not "three letter word". Lesson? Always crosscheck a keyword's traffic with other sources.

8. jaymelee23 profile image65
    jaymelee23posted 13 years ago

Since I am feeling helpful today (and generous) hehe, here is a site that gives you 15 backlinks for free a day... it's automatic so you won't have to go and manually do it for each article. You can choose to do schedule them all in one day, 15 or spread them out over 45 days. I use the 45 day one. It drops one every few days so it appears natural to Google. Here it is: http://www.imautomator.com/ Just do the free version. I can't speak if the paid one is worth it or not as I just started using the site and opted for the freebie. I read on the warrior's forum that a lot of webmasters like it.

1. Smart Rookie profile image61
      Smart Rookieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your contributions to this thread.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I ran about 100 hubs through IM on the free trial== yes it was easy, but I really can't say that it did anything for me. It sounded like a good idea and it couldn't hurt I guess, but I can't say I saw anything worth paying for.

edit: I don't think I'm savvy enough to understand the directions on any of these more sophisticated items.

Yep... you get so many per day. I build an RSS feed with backlinks that I went and created... I book marked it today with IM to test things out.. see if the backlinks get picked up faster with it or not. I got an e-mail the other day from the site master asking for a testimonial. I wrote back and said ask me in a month. I can't say whether it's helping or not either at this point.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
          Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I got one of those ,too-- asking for a nice review, but i hadn't seen any results-- and still haven't. Maybe it was the fault of my hubs not being optimized for earning. Maybe someone who had their keywords keyed and their SEO up to snuff might do well with IM.

9. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I'm tempted to give it another shot, my current setup works pretty well though so I am kinda thinking, if it aint broke, dont fix it!

10. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

If you really looking for the maximum program Market samurai is the way to go.  Problem is I only use the basics and that is more then mnf or ms provides.

11. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I have to say I've never used it. I just use the Google adwords keyword tool. It gives you all the key words you need, what the sponsors are bidding on and how much traffic they get.

Do you really need to know more than that? It's free too. smile

Yes, because Market Samurai can keep track of all over URL/Keyword rankings plus it creates a graph for SEO competition. You will be able to see if you moved up in the SERPS, down or stayed the same.  It'll also show you how many internal and external links that  the top 10 urls are ranking for your keyword of choice. It helps you figure out if you can rank fairly easily or if your are wasting your time.

1. Bill Manning profile image67
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see. Maybe I'll try out the free version sometime then, can't hurt. Thanks.

12. jeremyframer profile image61
    jeremyframerposted 13 years ago

I used the trial, it's pretty good but not worth the cost for me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)