jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What proper hub etiquette or lack of etiquette is allowed for people commenting

1. Jewelz1313 profile image78
    Jewelz1313posted 6 years ago

What proper hub etiquette or lack of etiquette is allowed for people commenting on your hub?

I have a lady whom is using a lot of "ALL CAPS"  and her initial response was way longer than the hub. I'm trying to be mature about it all because from what I understand "controversy" isn't necessarily  a bad thing, However, she seems to be yelling a lot and I don't want to cross any lines with Hubpages.
    Here is a link if anyone would like to see for your self.

http://jewelz1313.hubpages.com/jewelz13/hub/Tip-it

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Well, after looking at the comments on your hub I am a little more than confused. Although I agree with you and I also allow most comments, there are instances where they should not be allowed as they do not add any relevancy to the topic.
    If a commenter does not abide with a certain etiquette, seems to be argumentative, or rude, then my suggestion would be to not allow the comment.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Hmm, I am surprised by the level of animosity this subject has caused. And you always have the option of denying a comment. But honestly, if one of my hubs was getting this kind of attention I think I would just let it be and see where it goes (easy for me to say, I know). I don't understand how the subject of intercourse and rape came up, it seems way off the subject of the hub. I would stop responding to her comments in any case, obviously it isn't calming her down any.

4. Jewelz1313 profile image78
    Jewelz1313posted 6 years ago

Thank you both for your advise. I agree the subject of intercourse and rape through me for a loop as well. I advised her to watch her language though. There are some lines you just shouldn't cross.

5. wj-writingjockey profile image54
    wj-writingjockeyposted 6 years ago

Courtesy encourages motivation. Where as criticism initiates constructive amendment. Trying to keep balance between courtesy and criticism.

6. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Hi! And emmm? I'm like the other contributors I'm totally baffled by  the road these comments took in replying to your hub? Your hub didn't created anything offensive that warrants such a tirade. I honestly think that if you get such a response again I would reply politely but keep your dignity - and your sanity - by not responding any further. I say that, not because you've done anything wrong, but because there are unfortuantely folks out there just looking for a battle about anything. I don't think it's personal against you, it's just the way they are!

7. hillymillydee profile image60
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

When we comment on a hub because we are impressed by the content of the hub. We like to express our appreciation and thanks for the information and not to argue or impose our thoughts. We don't have the right. If we don't like the information just leave.

What if they do the same to you? "Do unto others what you want others do unto you."

8. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I only just come across this now - Wow what anger there is out there , Quite scary aye , It is not very nice when they talk as if you were the one serving them instead of just writing a hub.

1. Jewelz1313 profile image78
      Jewelz1313posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

working