Backlinks for website

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 13 years ago

Is there a way I can tell how many backlinks I have for my website?(using wordpress) It says something about incoming links, but says none are found. I have made some backlinks on some of my relevant hubs. Wouldn't that show up?

Or are incoming links and backlinks two different things?

1. SoCurious profile image61
      SoCuriousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have installed SEOBook to my Firefox menu and it provides me with all sorts of analysis tools including information about which backlinks are on which p ages of my sites. And it's free.

David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought I heard something about that from some forums on the internet. Do not know to much about it though.

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

SEOMoz is running a 30 day free trial, its $99 a month normally though.

Anything that uses Yahoo site explorer is inaccurate.  The wordpress incoming links thing confuses me, It has only ever brought up one of my backlinks on my latest site, I think it filters to allow blogs only and some kind of quality check.

David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Forget that then lol..

3. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I have never used any backlink tool that is accurate. I've seen where my sites get no links at all to thousands depending on what your using.

So I gave up and just get backlinks when I can, quality ones and don't worry about it. smile

1. ApplianceMonkey profile image60
      ApplianceMonkeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bill, how do you go about getting the "quality backlinks"?
      Do  you just cold call the respective sites and offer a link exchange?

1. Bill Manning profile image68
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do that, but not often. I use places like Hubpages for backlinks and a dozen other types like that. I get many links from major newspaper and news sites via comments.

You can also get links from local online newspapers in their content pages if your site is local.

Then you have those many web 2.0 sites. Don't forget to list your site with Google business and places like Merchant Circle. smile

In fact, type in "leather jackets in Orlando" and notice the single listing with a picture way at the top! wink

hey Bill, thanks for the info. I just wanted to follow up on a few points.
          So are you primarily using Hubpages as a backlinks source to your main sites like the leather jackets and the Orlando pet shop, correct?

When you mentioned getting links from major newspapers/news sites via the comments sections, are you posting comments with keyword anchors linked back to your sites? i would be surprised if that worked because many of those sites are "no follow".

Lastly, regarding the local papers, are you referring to business listings they may have or are you submitting articles to them that our local-centric.

Sorry for all the questions but you seem like you know what the hell you're talking about!

1. Bill Manning profile image68
            Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks but no, most of the time I don't know what I'm talking about! tongue

I use Hubpages for backlinking to my sites, yes. I also make a little off my hubs, everything adds up. Found some great writers here too.

The major newspapers and news places I use a combination of comment links, plain link swapping and some even put your link in their sites if it's local.

As for no follow links, they are worth getting links from, I don't care what anyone else says. Don't forget, you can also get traffic from links.

Just play around with as many places as you can. Almost all sites now offer your own little blog you can put links in. About half are do follow. Just takes time. smile

Bill what are some of the 2.0 sites you are refrrering to? StumbleUpon, Digg and places like that?

4. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

SEOQuake for Firefox and Chrome is by far the best.

5. Dale Nelson profile image39
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

I also use an SEO plug in for firefox. Fro the life of me I dont know what its called.

I know i got it form Firefox plugins for free and I just right click ,scroll down to SEO Open in the menu, click and it opens a new menu with all the serach engines and then I hover over one it give you a choice of view backlinks and all other nifty info.

It opens a new page in the browser with the results so you can compare results pages for google, alexa, yahoo etc.

All you do is open any page on the internet and right click to check that specific page.

I found it. Its called SEOpen.Its free.

Hope this helps
    http://seopen.com/firefox-extension/index.php

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)