Every time I try to submit a link to Reddit it tells me that I've submitted too many links recently. I haven't submitted anything to Reddit in weeks! I always get this error. Any idea why?
I've had the same thing happen to me. Try viewing other people's submissions, voting and leaving comments. You might have gotten reported for spamming. I found out I had after typing my user name in and seeing the link in reportthespammer. I've only submitted maybe 15 links in four months but I guess that counts as spamming.
This is why I hardly use reddit anymore. I'll submit a link every week or so and spend some time commenting on other reddits. Takes away time I could be writing, and no one from reddit really votes up or comments on my hubs anyway.
From the reddit FAQ:
What constitutes spam?
It's a gray area, but some rules of thumb:
* It's not strictly forbidden to submit a link to a site that you own or otherwise benefit from in some way, but you should sort of consider yourself on thin ice. So please pay careful attention to the rest of these bullet points.
* If you spend more time submitting to reddit than reading it, you're almost certainly a spammer.
* If people historically downvote your links or ones similar to yours, and you feel the need to keep submitting them anyway, they're probably spam.
* If people historically upvote your links or ones like them -- and we're talking about real people here, not sockpuppets or people you asked to go vote for you -- congratulations! It's almost certainly not spam. But we're serious about the "not people you asked to go vote for you" part.
* If nobody's submitted a link like yours before, give it a shot. But don't flood the new queue; submit one or two times and see what happens.
To play it safe, write to the moderators of the community you'd like to submit to. They'll probably appreciate the advance notice. They might also set community-specific rules that supersede the ones above. And that's okay -- that's the whole point of letting people create their own reddit communities and define what's on topic and what's spam.
what's your username on reddit? I bet if I typed it in the search I'll find something in the spammer section.
Edit: If your username is the same as your hubber name , you have been reported as a spammer. I guess reddit just doesn't like hubbers
cybersupe, the very same as my Hubber name. Thank You very much for responding to this message.
My username is the same for Reddit and Hubpages....Why is this considered spamming? I have maybe a total of 15 posts there and they have been spread over 2 months.
Hmmm, this is worth testing out. Although I do not condone such unethical practices and would never officially advise it, perhaps an alias might do well to post on Reddit for you?
by archdaw8 years ago
by BethanyGM8 years ago
I'm currently using stumbleupon, digg, and sometimes buzz. Do any of you use any other methods that work well? Thanks!
by JT Walters6 years ago
Hi everyone! Happy Holidays!!I have been attempting to back link and i have been unable to download firefox. Any suggestions?Thanks JT
by psf5 years ago
Why Reddit says "You've submitted too many links recently"?I was trying to submit a link on Reddit but it says I have submitted too many links recently, that is not true. I submitted lastly a week back! Any...
by Dr.Blade8 years ago
Spamming along? Uh-oh...
by kristurpin6 years ago
It must be HARD being a Useless Spammer... And Only Having BS Stuff to Spam? Everyone knows that the stuff in your medicure shop is Rubbish... And the Best Way to Treat Cold Sores like the ones you've brought here.. is...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.