So with all the hype and hysterics of the latest, and far from the last, Google change, it seems more clear than ever you need to diversify your online portfolio!
With that in mind I have started to expand my online footprint even more than I already have. Below is a list of online jobs and income streams I already do or plan to do this year:
1. Write on ad sharing web 2.0 sites like Hubpages for both income and backlinks. (duh)
2. Run a dozen or so "big" websites that I devote time each day for updates, new articles and so on.
Income from these sites consist of adsense, Amazon, dozens of other sponsors and, much more very soon, selling ad spots.
3. Running a few dozen to a few hundred "small" websites that are micro-niche targeted. You spend a few days to a week on them, SEO the heck out of them, and leave them alone.
Income from these sites come from what I said about #2. However after 6 months to a year, you also can sell them on online auction sites, often for very good money.
4. Related to selling sites as I said above, you put them on your own re-seller hosting account and make money off hosting the sites you sell.
5. Sell drop ship items retail online. I currently do that now with leather jackets and apparel. HOWEVER drop shipping is filled with scams and many hidden pitfalls!!!!!!!!
6. Build websites for others. I currently do this in my spare (ha!) time. You also can charge for up-keeping a website, adding fresh content and backlinks.
7. Here's an idea, write content for others!
I use to do that, and it can be well worth it. However now I actually pay a few other writers to write my articles, or at least many of them.
8. Start your own forum/forums. That in itself is not really a income alone. It's something you add to an existing site to generate more traffic, often much more.
A forum also adds a lot to the price of a site should you sell it. However they are a pain to moderate. I have one and intend to make many more.
9. Write an ebook. There are several places to sell them, including Amazon. If you already have lots of content on your own site you could pick out relevant information and make it into an ebook.
10. Build custom banners for websites. Many people want to have a custom banner made for their website. If your good at that you can keep pretty busy doing that.
So there you have it, Bill's top 10 ways to diversify your portfolio online! I already do or will do later this year all the above.
Anyone care to add more ways we can make money online and spread our eggs into many baskets? Hmmm, I should have made this a hub!
I've taken to combing yard sales for items that are good sellers on eBay and other sites. Making a pretty good go of it too but you have to learn what to look for and get it for a steal.
I like this list...I like it a lot! My problem with niche sites is that I get discouraged or "out of the mood" and never end up consistently keeping them up! Do I smell a New Year's Resolution for 2012? Yes!
Wow, this is great, Bill and thanks for posting it! Yes, you should have made it a Hub. One site I just put up is on cholesterol and fish oil. A narrow niche I believe. So you really manage a large number of sites and it's good to see the content generates traffic. I really do need to turn some of my Hubs into an ebook.
by Scott S Bateman 5 days ago
I have been pleased with the audience and revenue for my articles on HubPages since joining the site some years ago.I commend the company for creating the successful niche sites at a time when similar sites were folding. My existing articles that moved to those sites have done even better than...
by Pandoras Box 8 years ago
I read somewhere before that what you do is create several different pages on the same topic on several different sites, linking them all in a big circle. Never made sense to me. But now I think I understand that the reason you do this is not so much to make visitors follow the circle, though it...
by Butch Tool 2 years ago
Hello, dear fellows, I am hoping that someone with more experience may be able to direct me to any free resources that will help me learn how to become an SEO master. Primarily, I want to learn how to do in-depth keyword research to pick great niches to write about that have a high payment on...
by Shadaan Alam 5 years ago
Hello all my fellow hubbers, hope you all are fine and enjoying your work!!This is my first forum topic and i hope i am able to explain myself well here- as to what i intend to ask you all.My question is: I read somewhere on the internet that if you want to drive maximum traffic to your main...
by 3bagsfull 9 years ago
I am just getting started here and am really liking it. I hope it pays off eventually.I write for examiner.com and have a shop on etsy.com.my hope is that all these sites and others I add will make me $3000 a month. It will take awhile but I believe in the secretask, believe, receivehow about you?
by Tessa Schlesinger 2 years ago
There are so many of us who write fiction, and we're stuck with Amazon, itunes, Smashwords, Barnes and Noble, etc, all of which have their own difficulties.I would really like a formula in the hubpages tradition where every author has their own site, plus the ability to upload their books and sell...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|