jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Forum, site advertising,,,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image75
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Ok this is the last thread I'm going to make on here today, spending WAY too much time here! tongue

Anyway I just wanted to show how many sites make very, very good money just selling ad space on their sites and forums.

A popular Disney forum sells just the little signature box in your forum account for $250 to $1,000 per month. They have thousands of members.

A small 160X300 size sidebar banner on their site goes for $675 per month, 3 months upfront.

This is just a little sample of what you can charge on a popular site. I made an article once showing how Perez Hilton makes over $100,000 a month on ads on his crappy blog! yikes yikes

1. bgamall profile image82
      bgamallposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know Paris was a he. smile

Bill Manningposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sharp eyes, I just changed that to Perez. tongue

2. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Perez Hilton or Paris Hilton ?

Yeah yeah,, I changed it,,,, smile

3. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

I'm testing advertisespace and performancing ads on few blogs. These networks/merchants care about alexa traffic ranks, so not sure how much money these ad blocks are going to fetch.

I sell a few ads on my sites but not many. Websites that have a local slant are easier to sell ads on.

For instance I have a new Orlando area pet site and I'm already asked about what I charge for ads. smile

1. skyfire profile image74
        skyfireposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense. It's also possible to increase alexa rank by targeting locals. smile

working