jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

The Apple iPad2 what's your take on it?

1. Yassop profile image77
    Yassopposted 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I've been meaning to get one of these gadgets for my blogging (or hubbing perhaps), studies and casual surfing anywhere anytime and also most importantly, for either Facetime or Skype.

I've heard reports about the iPad2 not supporting Facetime over 3G network, can anyone confirm with me that it doesn't support Skype as well? Is there any plans or patch that it'd be fix in the near future?

Can't seem to find a something reliable around so I thought it was worth an ask in the forums where maybe someone here has first hand experience on my unique problem. Thanks in advanced guys smile

1. Carol VC profile image59
      Carol VCposted 6 years agoin reply to this

the Facetime limitation is actually Apple implemented. Its up to them to remove that. I believe they implemented that limitation because some 3g networks are not fast enough for Facetime. But AFAIK, skype works over 3g.
      I'm also planning on buying an iPad 2 if  I can save up for it.

Yassopposted 6 years agoin reply to this

oohh does skype work just like facetime? with video calls and all that, i'm planning to get them for long distance calls as it's cheaper if we just use the net over traditional phones lol.

hmm then unless our 3g networks get upgraded or something, we won't be seeing facetime over 3g anytime soon..

1. Carol VC profile image59
          Carol VCposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, skype works exaclty like facetime. If not better.

IMO, that's how Apple sees it. Its just like how they won't put 3-d on the iPhone unless 3-d technology becomes better. In short, Apple won't allow services on their products if its sub-par. That's their way of "quality control" per se.

Yassopposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Nice, I'm definitely getting the 3g one then for long distance calls. Makes facetime kinda obsolete now smile Thanks Carol for the advices and information.

working