15 Things to Do to Avoid a Dull, Boring Summer Vacation
Summer is a wonderful time of the year, excluding the heat and humidity. It is a time to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Don't dread the summer break and let it pass by without having some fun and doing some meaningful things. Here are some ways to avoid boredom for the summer.
- Major Fun Zoos in the United States
Visiting these amazing zoos is a great way to spend time with friends, family members, with your class at school and can be an educational, fun adventure.
1. Focus on Helping Others- If you make this your goal, I assure you, you will not have a boring and dull summer. Look around at your neighborhood and see who needs help. Help the struggling single parent with 2+ kids, babysit the kids, so she can have a night off, help the large family, make dinner for busy parents, tend a neighbor's yard, plant flowers for them, help the elderly, be a big brother/big sister or be a mentor. There are so many ways to help others this summer, find those ways and you will feel great.
2. Don’t sit around and be bored, get up and do things. Be engaged with productive activities.You can ride your bicycle, go hiking, play volleyball, tennis, soccer, rollerskate, skateboard, shoot some hoops, throw a frisbee around, have a car wash, get wet, have a sleepover, go canoeing, fishing, reading books or any other activity.
3. Learn something you never know how to do. It can be singing, dancing, playing a musical instrument, making a garden, planting flowers, cooking, baking, speaking a foreign language, home improvements, scrapbooking, sewing, crafts and drawing.
4. Cookouts, Potlucks, Pool Party- Say yes to every potluck, barbecues, pool party, you are invited to. This is a great way to meet people, stay connected with people and enjoy wonderful food as well. If you are not invited to a barbecue, then have one and invite your friends, neighbors and coworkers.
5. Summer Camp- There are many different summer camps, from sports camp, educational camps, art camp, Christian camps, computer camps, adventure camps, day camps, science camps and many others. They are available in many states and filled with many activities for children and teens.
6. The Beach- Spend time at the beach- swimming, getting a suntan, surfing, skiing, collecting seashells, playing volleyball, building sandcastles and taking long walks. If you live a few hours from the closest beach, rent a beach house with your family or a couple of your friends.
7. Get a Summer Job- Are your bills piling up, spend your summer making money. 8 Fun Ways to Make Extra Money Over the Summer
8. Rent a Timeshare for a few days or a week with your family or a few friends and enjoy the benefits of sauna, pool, sports activities and much more.
9. Have fun at an Amusement Park/Water Parks- Amusement Parks have merry-go-rounds, bumper cars, ferris wheels, rollercoasters and other fun rides for kids and teens. It is a great way to spend time with the entire family. Water Parks are wonderful for those very hot summer days to have great fun time
10. Volunteer - Why not use part of your summer to volunteer a few days a week. Find out about opportunities from your church, if there are any church projects, or hospitals, nursing homes, foodbanks, libraries, animal shelter and the zoo.
11. Have a Picnic with your partner- Get the blanket, great food, drinks and watch the sunset on a cool summer night.
12. Go on a Missions Trip- Inquire in your church and other organizations of possible trips to other countries or you can organize your own missions trip and take a team to the desired town and country.
13. Go on a Cruise- Travel the seas, with your loved ones.
14. Take Photos - For the summer, get your digital camera an take photos of unique things in the places you visit, at the beach, the waterfall, sunrise, sunset, flowers, plants, or any other interesting thing.
15. Take on Home improvement Projects- Look at your home and see what needs to be fixed, repaired, replaced or remodeled. Do you need new windows, new roof, updated kitchen and bathroom, new shed?
- 16 Ways to Add Adventure to Your Normal Routine
Although having a steady routine everyday is necessary, doing the same things everyday, can take the excitement out of life. Here are some ways to get out from the normal routine to spice up life.
- 20 Simple Ways to Keep Your Life and Days Exciting and Interesting
There are simple things to keep our lives interesting, excited and to keep the dullness and boredom far away as possible. Check out these tips.
- 7 Ways to Create Extra Income on the Side
With the loss of jobs and continual rise in prices, here are some ways for anyone, men, women, college student or just about anyone to make some extra money by identifying areas in their lives where income can be created.