Cinnamon Lodge Hotel in Habarana Sri Lanka
Cinnamon Lodge Hotel, Nature lovers delight
Cinnamon Lodge Hotel in Habarana , formerly known as Habarana lodge is one of the most environmental friendly hotels in Sri Lanka. It is famous among tourists because of its convenient location and the activities available for them. The hotel is in a 27 acre land filled with trees and ponds and is surrounded by three nature reserves and Kaudulla lake making it a nature lovers paradise. Because of the large number of rooms available and also because of the relatively fair prize it is one of the most popular destinations for corporate trips as well. I went to Cinnamon Lodge during one of my office trips and it was a very enjoyable occasion made even more exiting because of some exiting incidents when we went to Minneriya nature reserve.
Its a matter of selecting what to do
As I mentioned before there are plenty of things you can do when your in Cinnamon Lodge and if you went there for a two day corparate trip you definitely cant enjoy everything available for you. Its close to few of the must see places for tourists in Sri Lanka so lets take a look at few things you can do to make your trip memorable
- Visit to Sigiriya - Sigiriya is a 370M high rock fortress which is also a Unesco Heritage site. It is famous for its Fresco paintings , engineering brilliance of its outer gardens and drainage systems. Its a 20 minute drive from Cinnamon Lodge and you can climb to the top of the rock and be back within half a day.
- Visit one of the nature reserves - Cinnamon Lodge is surrounded by nature reserves and the hotel arranges safari rides at an affordable prize. The Minneriya reserve is especially famous for elephants an in one occasion one of the jeeps I went were attacked by the elephants. In case of an elephant attack your survival pretty much depends on the driver and the quality of the jeep , so make sure to pick a good one. Below video is one taken on that visit , its a bit mess in the end since the jeep almost fell over after the elephant hit us , but it is still a very special memory.
- Visit to cultural triangle - There are plenty of historical places to visit in Sri Lanka and the cultural triangle is full of ancient sites. Old capital cities like Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa are about 1-2 hours drive away from Cinnamon Lodge. If you like visiting historical places then cultural triangle is a must visit place
- Check out the bird and butterfly trail withing the hotel premises - The hotel is spread across 27 acres and there is a bird and a butterfly trail withing the hotel premises. You are sure to find some very beautiful birds and butterflies in the trail. Around 7 AM in the morning is one of the best times to visit the trail
- Bullock cart ride in Hiriwadune track - This is something very popular among tourists especially since it is very hard to find a bullock cart ride even in Sri Lanka. The trail is beautiful and you can have a very enjoyable experience.
Excellent lodging facilities in harmony with nature
The hotel mainly consists of chalets spread over the hotel ground. There are plenty of open spaces and most of chalets are surrounded by trees and ponds making you feel very relaxed and close to nature. This is one of the reasons why it is popular destination of most corparate trips as well. After living in the metro areas around Colombo where you hardly see a tree this is a very welcome change of scenery. Even though the chalets are built with special care to preserving the environment that doesn't mean they are not luxurious. All chalets are Air conditioned and have cable TV. In case of corparate trips you can book on triple share basis and hotel does the needful to accomodate three people. The surrounding area is kept very clean which is quite a task with leaves falling all around you from the trees.
Elephant Attack in Habarana
A great place to stay
With good food , friendly and helpful staff and also because of the plenty of activities availabe to your Cinnamon Lodge is definitely a great place to stay , especially when your company is paying the bill.
Photos taken in Bird and Butterfly trail
More Travel Hubs
- The Palms Hotel in Beruwela Sri Lanka
The Palms Hotel in Beruwela Sri Lanka is one of the most beautiful hotels in the Beruwela area.It has most of the facilities available in an hotel and plenty of activities to do as well
- Gods Paradise Nature Resort near Nachchimale
As the name suggests Gods Paradise is a resort where you can have a relaxing day close to mother nature. It is located near the Nachchimale mountain and the fresh water stream coming down the mountain is a...
- Gamla Linkoping
Gamla Linkoping is an old Swedish town where you can witness of yourself how a Swedish town looked like 100 years ago. It is situated nearby few bus routes so you want have any trouble getting there. When it...