Myrtle Beach vacation ideas
Are you ready to head to Myrtle Beach this summer? Are you looking for some great Myrtle Beach vacation ideas? Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is a common and popular USA vacation destination among both those who live within the United States and those who are visiting from other countries. If you live within convenient driving distance from the area, you will find that there are cars with license plates from all over the country as you head on the highway and near the area of Myrtle Beach. The state license plates that you might see on your drive to Myrtle Beach include North Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Ohio, and more. Those who live too far away for the drive to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina usually do not hesitate to fly to the location because they know how much fun Myrtle Beach will be when they get there!
Possible activities to enjoy during your Myrtle Beach vacation
Here are some of the various enjoyable things you can do on your visit to Myrtle Beach and the surrounding area.
1. Go to the beach itself and take a swim in the ocean of course. This is a treat and totally free except for the cost of parking. So you can go practically every day during your stay and remain within the vacation budget you may have set for yourself. Go prepared with lots of quarters because the quarter that might get you one hour of parking in your usual destinations will get you just fifteen to twenty minutes of parking in the tourist destination of Myrtle Beach. If you go to less frequented area beaches such as Atlantic Beach, you might be able to get away with free parking. Those beaches are also less crowded.
If you are very sensitive to the sun and visit the beach at the height of summer (in July or August), then you might also want to consider going early in the morning or in the evening. A swim in the ocean is much more enjoyable at 8:00am or 5:00pm than it is any time between 11:00am and 3:00pm.
2. Go parasailing. You will be led out on a banana boat by a guide and then lift off from the boat on your parasail. Many different companies in the Myrtle Beach area offer this excursion. Enjoy the ride!
3. Go Jet skiing- a very popular water sport
4. Surfing anyone? Surfs up.
5. Go for a helicopter ride. The experience is surprisingly reasonably priced with some companies in the area offering a helicopter ride for $25 or less.
6. With just 8 locations in the United States and 1 in Canada, Medieval Times has a location in Myrtle Beach and is a family friendly spot to both eat a meal and be entertained with a show. Tickets cost around $53 for adults and less for children. Look out for my hub that discusses the Medieval Times attraction in more detail and gives a review.
7. Take a river boat cruise. Again, there are several companies within the area that offer a river boat excursion. As with Medieval Times, your meal will be included. So you will be paying for both a sight seeing excursion and dinner together. You can typically get a ticket for a dinner cruise from $36-40. Very reasonably priced as it may last up to two hours, include entertainment like a live band and take you through beautiful and historical areas such as the intra-coastal highway.
8. Go to the zoo.
9. Visit Ripley's Believe it or Not museum. Here you will see the extravagant display of various anomalies based on real life occurrences such as a replica of man that was over 8 feet tall and a historical video of his story.
10. Visit the aquarium. One of the various aquariums in the area is also owned by the Ripley's Believe it or Not franchise.
11. Visit an amusement park and with roller coasters and ferris wheels galore, enjoy rides from the tame to the wild. There are also many water parks with water slides.
12. Go horseback riding. Depending on the season and the company you choose to go horseback riding with, you may be led on a ride in a wildlife preserve or you might get to horseback ride right on the beach!
13. Go to a play or musical. With attractions such as "Broadway on the Beach", you could catch a great show.
14. Go shopping- Some of the stores you might already find in your home city but there are lots of stores in the Myrtle beach area including Victoria's Secret, the Sunglasses Hut and more. You just might get the urge to shop.
15. Eat out- Dining out in the restaurants is very enjoyable. Some of the many good restaurants in the area which also have great ambience and are entertaining, such as Phillips World Cuisines restaurant, Planet Hollywood, the Hard Rock cafe, and various all you can eat seafood buffets.
Enjoy your trip to Myrtle beach, South Carolina, USA!