- Travel and Places»
- Specialty Travel & Tours
Top 7 Tips For Frugal Family Vacations
In today’s economy, it is more important than ever to find the best deals on fun vacations for you and your family. Vacations range wildly in price and inclusiveness, and there are lots of factors to consider when planning your family vacation. Here are some tips to ensure that you get the best deal and the most fun for your family vacation.
- Traveling With Kids: All Inclusive Resort Family Va...
All-inlclusive resorts can be a great family vacation option. There's a great freedom in having paid for everything up front. It's nice to have people lining up to entertain you. And when you don't have to...
- Top Five Midwest Family Vacation Destinations
Whether you prefer the beauty of an urban skyline or a rugged mountain, the Midwest offers a vacation destination for every family. Take your pick from the entertainment of Branson, the sophistication of...
Plan well in advance.
This will give you plenty of time to search the internet, catalogues, brochures, and other resources to find the best possible rates for your family vacation. Also, travel costs such as airfare and hotel accommodations are often cheaper when booked in advance, so plan ahead!
- Travel in mid-week. Travel costs are always lower during the week than on the weekends, so try to plan your vacation during the week. Also, you will avoid the crowds and lines at attractions!
- Pack everything you will need. Toiletries, cameras, batteries, and other vacation necessities will cost more at your destination than they will at home. So, make a detailed list of everything you will need on your vacation and make sure you are well prepared.
- Travel in groups. Teaming up with another family or group of friends will make you eligible for group discounts on your travel and accommodations. You can also split the cost of amenities such as sunscreen, picnic lunches, rental cars, cameras, etc.
- Find inexpensive lodging. Your hotel costs will often be the most expensive part of your stay, so do plenty of research to find lodging that will fit your budget. Look for accommodations that include meals, additional entertainment, or vacation packages that will suit your family’s needs.
- Go camping. Camping is a fun and inexpensive option for you and your family. Campsites are generally between $10 and $20, and camping equipment is relatively cheap compared with the vacation costs of other options. Choose a destination that you can drive to and your cost will be even lower. Entertainment such as hiking and swimming can provide your family with a lot of fun at no additional cost.
- Go on a cruise. A cruise is another affordable option, and attractive to those on a budget because everything from your travel to your meals to your entertainment is generally included in the cost. CruiseCheap.com is a great place to find an inexpensive cruise. Carnival and Disney Cruise lines offer affordable, family-oriented cruise packages.