DanielleCherise profile image 82

Should you be paying for your weight or your seat?

Samoa Air is starting to charge passengers for their body weight, your fare varies on how much weight you will put on the plane. This could cause smaller people to save money, while the heavier might risk paying a higher fare. What do you think? If they ever tried this in the US do you think it would be fair to pay for your weight? Or should we all be charged the same price regardless?

Solaras profile image90

Solaras says

• DanielleCherise profile image

Danielle Cherise Norris (DanielleCherise) 4 years ago

It should be per seat. I know a lot of people would disagree with me, but the only way I can see someone having to pay extra for a seat is if they take up more than one seat. It sounds mean but i think that is fair. What do you think?

srsddn profile image88

srsddn says

• DanielleCherise profile image

Wow 40% obesity is a lot. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I wonder about that too, I don't think a persons weight affects the planes flight that much. It isn't like the plane would be full with 300+ pound people.

Joanne M Olivieri says

• DanielleCherise profile image

I agree with you that its discriminatory. I don't really understand the logic behind it, a single person's weight doesn't affect the flight of the plane enough to where weight should be an issue.