jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What’s The Safest Place on Earth?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

What’s The Safest Place on Earth?

2. TheMountainMan profile image60
    TheMountainManposted 8 years ago

Under your bed?   Seriously I would think somewhere in the MidWest USA out of the tornado belt.  I would think any rural area far from the cities. Rural areas most likely have less crime. Inland areas won't be affected from Hurricanes or Tidal Waves.  But not too rural where you are fighting off bears, snakes and wolves.

3. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 8 years ago

I was thinking...in my Mom's belly, of course!

4. Miss Travel profile image60
    Miss Travelposted 8 years ago

As far as I know, the safest significant city crime-wise is Nicosia, Cyprus, which typically has between zero and one murders per year.

But crime isn't a very sigificant factor in safety for most people. The things that kill people are cars and unhealthy lifestyles. Fortunately, you can avoid cars in most parts of the world and you can avoid unhealthy habits (smoking, excessive drinking, fatty and salty foods, couch potatoing) no matter where you are.

Worrying about being killed by a criminal when you choose to live somewhere that requires you to drive to work each day is statistically foolish, because the car is vastly more likely to kill you.

So, pick somewhere that's not a war zone, live where you can walk or ride the subway to work, get frequent exercise, stop smoking, drink in moderation only, and lay off the chips, and you'll find yourself safer than the vast majority of your fellow humans.

5. Oneit profile image70
    Oneitposted 6 years ago

This is an interesting question in deed, how do you determine safe. If you're main priority is to live then I guess the best country to search would be where the Highest Life Expectancy is so in that case it would be Monaco. See bottom chart Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co … expectancy

Looking at that I'm not doing to bad living in little old New Zealand. Only 13 in the world, hmm 13 maybe that's bad luck.

working