jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think is the safest country in the world?

1. scoop profile image83
    scoopposted 5 years ago

What do you think is the safest country in the world?

2. johnakc profile image38
    johnakcposted 5 years ago

Iceland, Ireland are the safest country in the world, with 0.0% rate of murder.

3. profile image0
    Kieran Gracieposted 5 years ago

I live in Madeira, which is a semi-autonomous Portuguese island with a population of about 350,000.  There has been the occasional murder (the last, I believe, was several years ago), but there is virtually no crime - no burglaries, no muggings, no car thefts, none of the ordinary day-to-day threats so often experienced in other parts of the world.  The people are friendly, well-mannered and orderly but with a great jest for life.  It's a good place to live.

Turning to johnakc's answer, I don't know about Iceland but Ireland's murder rate is definitely not 0.0 per cent, either historically or currently.  But it is also a great place to live - the murder rate is not the only way to measure a country's safety.

4. cprice75 profile image89
    cprice75posted 5 years ago

People are frequently scared of many of the bad things that can happen to them.  They wonder where the safest place on earth is. My guess is Antarctica.  There are few people, few animals, and few diseases. read more

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 5 years ago

Saudi Arabia is the safest country I've ever lived in but it wasn't worth it.  I had to give up too much of my personal freedom in exchange.