jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why is Spain a great place to travel?

1. retellect profile image74
    retellectposted 7 years ago

Why is Spain a great place to travel?

2. profile image0
    Al Bellposted 7 years ago

I almost went to Spain once, but that was close enough.  I've almost gone to Turkey, England and lots of other places.  I tell you, "Almost" going is "almost" as good as actually going.  It doesn't cost near as much and you get to do all the planning and watch DVD's about the place and you never have to climb on a plane or any of that "Actually Going There" stuff.  Almosting is a good thing to know when you get the yen to travel; know what I mean?

3. Greg Cremia profile image60
    Greg Cremiaposted 7 years ago

The people are about as friendly as you can find. They did not understand a word I said but they never took advantage of me and I had a wonderful time there. Oh, and there are tons of old world sites to see.

4. profile image54
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

i know nothing about Spain; never traveled there

5. blue parrot profile image54
    blue parrotposted 7 years ago

The sun. The beaches? I know the Madrid region best: Toledo, Avila, Madrid itself.

-- NIghtlife: Madrid.
    -- Cathedrals: Madrid, Burgos, Toledo.
    -- Castles: all over.
    -- Old pueblos: north of Madrid.

Little restaurants and bars: all over.

6. GGtimeshares profile image60
    GGtimesharesposted 7 years ago

Spain is a nice place to travel because of its historical and its geographic position. You will really enjoy the place when you are there.

7. ManuelFrBarcelona profile image77
    ManuelFrBarcelonaposted 7 years ago

Spain has everything. It's a country with a powerful touristic industry that has grown for many years.
    In Spain you can do all the types of tourism, but safaries. From sun tourism, relax, sight seeing, cultural, sports at mountain and at the sea.
    Spain has one of the longest coasts in Europe with two different seas, high mountains at the Pyrinees and Sierra Nevada and all the climate types you can expect.
    Spain is a country with a big cultural life, from art to history. In Spain have lived the celts, the ibers, the romans, the muslims, the jews, and finally the christians. All of them have left track, with traditions and sites that deserve a visit.
    Because food and drink is very good and varied. Wines are between the best ones all over the world and are not so expensive as in other places. Olive oil is very healthy. Mediterranean diet has been proof to be one of the healthiest nowadays.
    Spain is a democracy with no risk at all and people are kind and like to comunicate with other people.
    If I had not to work every day, I would like to be a tourist in Spain all the time. From Canary Island to Majorca, Barcelona, Madrid, Santiago de Compostela, Granada, Sevilla, all the small villages and natural parks of The Pirinees, Valle de Ordesa, Sant Maurici and Aiguestortes, etc. For a tourist, Spain is a paradise.