What is the best part of the city where you live?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (34 posts)
  1. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

I'd have to go with the waterfront in Toronto Canada, except for winter.  It is where musicians, artists, venders all gather and eat lots of hot dogs.

That or Sneaky Dee's pub uptown  lol

1. tom hellert profile image61
      tom hellertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In the city "Buffalo NY" the closest "real city " to where I live the best part some would say the water front...across the lake from you Kim.. but personally I think the best places are the expressways -leading out of the City-
      190 is on the waterfront- you can see Canada and the river   Roye 5 you can see the Lake  and the 33 you can see the undulations of the Limestone strata caused by the stromatoporoid reefs below These are the best placesbecause you are leaving the City.
      TH

2. bbnix profile image61
      bbnixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Although learning too sing, especially songs that relate my life, like "Timing is everything," and singing because of the woman I love, I am, by no means, a musician.

And as a retailer and someone who knows nothing of Toronto's waterfront, I couldn't sell in Canada, because Canadians fear Southern Californians as we don't follow rules, and not that I know anything, and am brutally over generalizing here, but Canadians love their freakin rules and wanna be perfect society, at least in Toronto...

But I am this....  at the waterfront, in front of a majestic steel schooner, drawing the most incredibly beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life, and then, at her table in awe of her genius at Sneaky Dees, or anywhere in the universe for that matter, but, to be honest, alone with her at at a little campground where the true beauty of Canada exists would be a dream first place I would go...but hey, if there's one thing you can say about this SoCal artist... I'm a romantic and I will love and cherish one woman for eternity...

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think your already at sneeky dees, is Greek there still too?

1. bbnix profile image61
          bbnixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pubs in Toronto are more dangerous than Mexico, financially speaking of course..they murder your wallet and all its contents...or so I've been told..

I'd much rather be sitting at a pub in Jamaica, man....screw the storms...

3. Quilligrapher profile image69
      Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Long Island, New York: a playground on the East Coast. 

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6418073_f248.jpg

4. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

in my hometown, Sault Ste. Marie Ontario i love the forests around here. lots of places to hike, camp, fish and do photography

2. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Sneeky Dee's in the winter time...

right next to Kimberly's table

1. profile image0

amen

3. MickeySr profile image77
    MickeySrposted 12 years ago

We live and have raised 6 kids in a small, village-like, town just outside of Hershey Pa, and the best thing about it - my kids have all talked about how this was the best place for a kid in their time to grow-up in. That's what first comes to my mind when I think of what i like most about where I live . . . if I go on to elaborate on what those things are that I think make it special, I would include; it's one of those towns that, while it itself is a small town, filled with local shops and neighborhoods, it's close enough to Harrisburg (less than 20 minutes) and even Philly (less than 2 hrs) that we can take advantage of those things only a big city can offer. Even though we live in a small town, over the years we have seen as a family The Who, Eric Clapton, B.B.King, etc, etc . . . and the kids have all seen Broadway shows with grandma, etc, as well.

Meanwhile, every kid in town goes to the same high school, the streets are easily 4 lanes wide but just casual neighborhood streets, and I enjoy vigorous Sunday School discussions with the local chamber of commerce president, the guy who runs the local comic book shop, etc. And, I'm not exaggerating; the best pizza/shop I've ever eaten at is 3 blocks one way and the best Chinese restaurant ever is 2 blocks the other way. It's a great place to live and a great place to raise a family.

4. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

The American Airlines Arena - Home of the Miami Heat!!! Right, Greek?

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

While in Miami, I am usually drunk in a club.. or on Lincoln Road.. somewhere

1. profile image0

FYI Greek totally saw you at the corner store buying tonic water at 7:30am  WTF?

.. that was GIN and tonic.... water

1. profile image0

Oh, cool.  Sorry my mistake.  Glad they're selling Gin at that hour, about time.

well, he said it was gin...

i was kinda drunk... so it may well have been urine.

1. profile image0

went out Friday night beat my record 15 Jack Daniel shots, with another hubber

These people are dangerous.  I just saw you at the store again BTW

Was I the hubber and I dont remember?

1. profile image0

bingo! but there was another red dude with us

2. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh pleeeease... let me massage your beard next time you're down here. lol lol

ok, but I havent shaved in a while and it hangs down to my knees now

5. amithak50 profile image60
    amithak50posted 12 years ago

Well,I love the food here but the weather is not good here but I still enjoy living here smile

6. TheMagician profile image86
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

In the part of Florida where I live, I'd have to say the nearest evacuation route is the nicest place lol

1. profile image0

lol lol

7. couturepopcafe profile image61
    couturepopcafeposted 12 years ago

The street where I live. Saunders Ferry Road is surrounded by Lake Hermitage on one side and the cove on the other. There are all kinds of herons and geese, ducks, turtles, and boats. No sidewalks, just a narrow road running down the penisula. When you get to Creekwood Marina, that's where I live. There's the marina on the lake side, across the street is Steamboat Bill's Cajun fish restaurant and a convenience store that sells live bait. There's nowhere to build so it will stay beautiful. Whenever I come home, down my street, I feel like I'm on vacation.

PS - Also the setting for both my novels. Creekwood & Creekwood 2. Sorry, had to give a plug.

http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/eleecaleca

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6412774_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6412779_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6412782_f248.jpg

8. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

Tough one. Having lived in Edinburgh and London and now finding myself back in my old home town (that no longer has so much as a decent pub that you can walk in to without risking being brutally murdered or at least violently assaulted) the only thing I can think of is being back amongst people who understand my accent! smile

Like previous poster, the road out beckons like the Eastern Star...

1. profile image0

Hi Gordon big_smile

9. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

I just saw greek at LCBO now!

sorry couldn't stop to talk.. i was busy drinking

1. profile image0

I'm a drinker with a writing problem

but you..................

10. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

The sign on the edge of town that says "You are now leaving"! Just kidding. Seafood. That's the best thing about living here.

11. WD Curry 111 profile image59
    WD Curry 111posted 12 years ago

You have to love Florida, where mother nature is right out your front door!

http://insurancemarketinghq.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Alligator-guest.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)