jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Will you visit an island resort which charges US$500 per night in Asia?

1. telltale profile image74
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Will you visit an island resort which charges US$500 per night in Asia?

2. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago

Yes if I had the money and the service was legendary

3. michifus profile image81
    michifusposted 7 years ago

I think this was recently on TV here in Spain - is it in Bali?

When I stayed in Sumatra I was paying $3 a night, so this is a bit out of my league. $500 a night seems a little excessive if you ask me, which you did!

There are many great places to stay at a fraction of the cost where you can still get the 5-star treatment for much less. Still, each to their own suppose. If no-one would pay, I suppose they would not have built it!

4. telltale profile image74
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Michifus,  the island resort is in Malaysia, known as Pulau Redang, and they are planning on charging that amount.  They are talking about upgrading the status of that island resort - doing away with the low cost hotels

5. lilian_sg profile image73
    lilian_sgposted 7 years ago

I'm an Asian and with my current budget, it's a definite NO! But it may change depending on my situation in future. But in Asia, it's definitely easy to find island resorts which cost much less like in Penang http://hubpages.com/hub/Penang-UNESCO-H … Food-Haven or Bali http://hubpages.com/hub/Visiting-Bali

6. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 7 years ago

I've been visiting Bali a few times. I'm sure there are many decent hotel that charge way below that number. It depends what you looking for.
    There is a Bvlgari hotel in Bali charge $1000 a night if you have a lot of money to spend.

7. domaincomebuy profile image55
    domaincomebuyposted 7 years ago

It is a bit expensive but still not incredible. It depends on the facilities and service really. Malaysia resort should be cheaper than Singapore.

working