jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best time to travel to New Zealand?

1. AEvans profile image81
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

What is the best time to travel to New Zealand?

2. GGtimeshares profile image60
    GGtimesharesposted 7 years ago

The best time to travel there you is when you are ready physically and financially.

3. astonmorgan profile image56
    astonmorganposted 7 years ago

Best time in comparatively warm weather (march to june) , or if want to more about then surf here

4. needle girl profile image77
    needle girlposted 7 years ago

I visited NZ in May and it was okay. The fall foliage in Christchurch was beautiful, but when I tried to visit the mountains on the South Island, the rain got the best of the incredible views.

September-October should be nice as it'll be spring, yet there will still be snow on the mountain peaks.

If you're wanting to do some hiking ("tramping", as they call it) - the Milford Track, for example - the best time to go is December-February, although it is crowded and you should book in advance.

5. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

I was there in November and I found it to be very enjoyable: it's not too crowded and overbooked yet for all the activities and the weather is quite nice - it's spring over there at the time.

6. jarcade92 profile image60
    jarcade92posted 4 years ago

Hey there i live in new zealand and the best time too travel here would be in summer from december-feb. if you like a colder climate the lower north island and south island is the place for you and if you like a hotter climate then upper north island is for you. what sort of activities/sight seeind did you want too do?