jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you could financially afford it, would you leave your country...

1. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

If you could financially afford it, would you leave your country...

and why?  To which country or countries would you move or establish pied a tierre, and why?  Consider culture, religion, taxation, infrastructure, climate, communications, etc.

2. Tusitala Tom profile image60
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

No way!   I already live in the best city in the best country in the world - Sydney, Australia.   Why the hell would I want to go anywhere else to live!

Yes, I have lived and worked in other places: U.K. Papua-New Guinea, New Zealand and yes, even in the sub-Antarctic.   I've travelled through places like Egypt, Yemen and Sri Lanka.   No, I don't call myself a seasoned traveller, but I've seen enough to make what I regard as an intelligent choice.

No, debeaner, I'm here to stay.

3. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

If I could afford it I would travel, but I would not give up my citizenship to my home country.  I love being an American.

4. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

I live in South Korea now, and don't care whether I ever return to my own country. I've also lived in England with great satisfaction. I would quite happily live in Japan, Germany, France, anywhere in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, India, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, Austria, Norway, Denmark, Thailand, Finland, or Luxembourg, and probably a few others.

5. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

I just love Ontario. I would not give up all the forests and lakes here for anything else. I like to travel so I get to see other places but Ontario is where I like to be.

6. GGtimeshares profile image59
    GGtimesharesposted 7 years ago

I don't want to leave my own country because I have already the best country in the world. I want to help also my fellow citizens and make a difference in my own country.

7. heathermarie628 profile image79
    heathermarie628posted 7 years ago

I not highly traveled but I would give up being an american in a heart-beat to live in New Zealand. However, given the financial means, I would probably take several years to tour the globe and then make an informed decision!

8. paragon076 profile image57
    paragon076posted 7 years ago

I left my native country twelve years ago, to live a new life in Thailand.
    The opportunities in that country are great for people who are willing to adabt to the culture, language and climate, but it was a great thing to do.
    Now I am hubbing between the Netherlands and Thailand and am not sure if I really want to settle.