jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best part about living in Lincolnshire?

1. ethel smith profile image79
    ethel smithposted 7 years ago

What is the best part about living in Lincolnshire?

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image88
    BRIAN SLATERposted 7 years ago

Your never far from the coast, sausages, no hills to climb-it's very flat

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

You're close to Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, and Norfolk?
    Sorry Ethel, and all the lovely people from Lincolnshire, beautiful place, I couldn't resist a bit of silliness:-)

4. humagaia profile image54
    humagaiaposted 7 years ago

It is still a reasonably cheap place to live especially if you like fresh fruit, vegetables and plants for your garden. Spalding has all the bulbs you could want as well as many other plant varieties. Wisbech and Boston have all the fruit and veg you need. There are lovely beaches just north of Skeggy. The camp-sites are located in beautiful landscapes (it's not all flat). There are excellent communication links to all over the country. Great historic towns and country houses.
    I live in Grantham - probably the worst part of Lincolnshire - but it does not take long to get to woodland, parkland and countryside where I can see Kites (the bird), various owls and lots of other wildlife.
    The best part though is not living anywhere else.
    And I can go mushrooming whenever I want (in season).

5. GGtimeshares profile image58
    GGtimesharesposted 7 years ago

What I can not forget when I was in Lincolnshire is when we go fishing with my family every weekend. As we know fishing (in the extensive river and drainage system in the fens) and shooting are popular activities in the place.

Closed to reply

working