jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the highest peak of the world and where does it lie?

1. PierrePierre profile image61
    PierrePierreposted 7 years ago

What is the highest peak of the world and where does it lie?

2. Liberate profile image53
    Liberateposted 7 years ago

Mount Everest; Believe It's In China; Correct Me If I'm Wrong

3. Powerful Pierre profile image78
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

You got the right mountain there but the wrong country Its in Tibet. Hope you don't mind the correction  By4now

4. urness.sam profile image61
    urness.samposted 7 years ago

Mount Everest, which is in China, is currently officially recognized as being 29,029 feet, or 8,848 meters high. By the way, Powerful Pierre, Tibet no longer exists as a country. It is now a region of China, and has been for several years.

5. triosol profile image58
    triosolposted 7 years ago

Mount Everest is the Paramount of the WORLD and Its in Tibet, Occupied by China

6. point2make profile image82
    point2makeposted 7 years ago

Mount Everest is the highest peak from sea level at just over 29,000 ft. It sits on the border between Nepal and Tibet/China.
    The highest mountain on earth is actually Mauna Kea in Hawaii. This volcano measures 33,000 ft from its base of which just over 13,000 feet are above the surface of the ocean.

If I could add....Tibet will always be a country in the minds of Tibetans and others regardless of the power of China.

7. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Mount Everest, located in Tibet, shamefully occupied by China, because the west will only stick its nose into disputes where there is some sort of material insentive to do so, Tibet only has its people, so as far as the west is concerned, it can rot.

8. eslevy17 profile image58
    eslevy17posted 7 years ago

I sympathize with Tibet, but check out the story of Xinjiang province and you find the same problem. They're basically Turkish people, Muslim and totally different from ethnic Chinese. They have experienced just as many occupation problems as Tibet but no one ever hears about it because no rockstars ever throw concerts in their honor.
    Just had to throw that out there. Check it out.

working