jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Travelling With Children - Top Five Tips

1. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Travelling With Children - Top Five Tips

2. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 7 years ago

I am actually writing an article on this very topic!

One of the best things I've started doing lately for multiple day trips is to pack luggage by the day, not the child.  (I have five children, plus myself & hubby to pack for.)  This reduces the amount of luggage you have to "lug" in and out of the car.

When staying several nights in one place, I put the children's outfits by day into one grocery bag - one outfit per child into one bag per day.  A total of five outfits in one bag for my family, then tie the bag & labeled "Monday" or "casual". for example.

3. Lillee McLoflin profile image61
    Lillee McLoflinposted 7 years ago

Pack entertainment for the children. A movie player is nice but if there is a long car ride involved, be prepared with more. Coloring books, music, maybe a new toy and then there is the oldies but goodies - road trip games. Playing "I-Spy" or find the state license plate is great for hours of fun. If you are flying, definitely music, books, anything they enjoy doing that keeps them entertained at home.

4. MarieAlice profile image76
    MarieAliceposted 7 years ago

I guess the most important thing is to find a family friendly getaway.  If is a first time traveling with kids, try to choose a short trip and made it as confortable as possible.  If it is a long trip (like the first my son made, 12 hours in a plain) try to choose a night flight or try to drive while your kids are slepping or taking a nap.  Then take some of the items your kids will love: books, coloring books, a toy or stuffed animal, movies and music..
    have fun traveling with your kids!!

working