jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hotel California.... What does it mean and where is it located?

1. Alwaysme profile image57
    Alwaysmeposted 7 years ago

Hotel California....  What does it mean and where is it located?

2. Syra Mhbed profile image79
    Syra Mhbedposted 7 years ago

"Hotel California" is the title song from the Eagles

The abstract nature of the lyrics has led listeners to their own interpretations over the years. In the 1980s, some Christian evangelists alleged that "Hotel California" referred to a San Francisco hotel purchased by Anton LaVey and converted into the Church of Satan.[9][10] Other rumors suggested that the Hotel California was the Camarillo State Mental Hospital.
    These claims have been consistently denied by the band.

don't thank me, thank wiki

3. kookoo88 profile image60
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

The picture of the hotel on the cover of the album is the Beverly Hills Hotel.  There is no real physical Hotel California though.  It's a metaphor.
    A good description of what the song means can be found on snopes.

Aside from that, it's really one of the best songs out there.  I love listening to both the original and the live version they did recently.  It's a song I sing to loudly and badly. big_smile

4. heather.h profile image69
    heather.hposted 7 years ago

I love this song, however I think it is open to a lot of interpretations the lyrics are so mysterious.

My thoughts are that the song relates to the pure excesses available in the modern world. Anything and everything is available until in the end the material items and pleasures become self destructive. The song points out that once you have gained and enjoyed this life however hard it is to stay you can never truly leave it.

As for where is it located? Could be just about anywhere.

But I could be completely wrong....

working