jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How long it will take Japan to recover from the calamities?

1. jacobkuttyta profile image75
    jacobkuttytaposted 7 years ago

How long it will take Japan to recover from the calamities?

2. greanearth83 profile image43
    greanearth83posted 7 years ago

Probabbly years. Theyr population is traumatized their economy is in ruins and their electrical grid is all messed up. More than likely its gonna take years for them to even begin to recover. I mean life will improve for them daily but the long term effects will be huge.

3. Debby Bruck profile image74
    Debby Bruckposted 7 years ago

We don't have a definite answer to this question. The Japanese people have been through so much over the decades with fortitude, competition, solidarity, and unity among their people.

They also have to deal with depression, anxiety, loss of life and grief. Picking up the pieces from Post Traumatic Stress includes more than just mental fortitude and emotional equilibrium.

The land is desecrated from ocean tsunami, broken glass, and nuclear radiation fallout. Individuals will succumb to disease and apathy. It will take an international effort to clean up and rebuild.

The question is how and where? They cannot reconstruct on the same location by the shore and fault lines. A totally new outlook on life and harmony with nature will be the only way.

Time? How long? I cannot predict.

4. privateye2500 profile image45
    privateye2500posted 7 years ago

Does a country ever recover from a catastrophy like that?Their people, their infastructure, their economy are all moving in a living ruin.

Look at the long-term effects of the Russian nuclear meltdown...this may be worse...?  Who can know?  There will be lasting effects.

The land is demolished -  people will succumb to diseases with lack of medical care, rescue, clean water and food. It will take a Global effort to simply put a dent in it.

I like the --->  The question is how and where? Question; because it really IS the problem...they don't *have* any more land...!

Who could possibly predict the future for Japan or the effect of this disaster on the whole planet.

5. lemmyC profile image79
    lemmyCposted 7 years ago

Well it depends on what we mean by recovery. The earthquake, tsunami , the radioactive emission from the nuclear station, the lost of loved one and other aftermath of the disaster are huge. Like any trauma it will take time to heal the wounds as a result of this calamity. To my mind it will have a huge effect on the people of Japan for many years to come. They need all the special grace of God that they can monster at this time.

6. Jhangora profile image60
    Jhangoraposted 7 years ago

5 years to repair the economic damage - according to a BBC news story.

working