jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What should you take with you on an oversees trip?

1. cjcarter profile image76
    cjcarterposted 6 years ago

What should you take with you on an oversees trip?

I'm not talking about packing things, I'm wondering more about the documentation and safety precautions you will need to be prepared for.

2. C-Bless profile image60
    C-Blessposted 6 years ago

I would take a list of my medical doctors including medical/insurance carrier and emergency contacts. I'm friends with my neighbours so I'd give them my itinerary and keys to my home.  Hope this helps....

3. downpourofwords profile image41
    downpourofwordsposted 6 years ago

medicines which you suit your body and which may not be available abroad, legal documents and additional copies of the same, soft copies of all documents saved, a means to get cash through banks in the country of visit. Rest all can be managed even in the worst of situations but even if one of the above goes missing, you may be in a deep hole.

4. WhitneyNZ profile image60
    WhitneyNZposted 6 years ago

I keep scanned copies of my passport, itineraries, insurance etc. saved on my Google Documents.  That way if I lose anything crucial I can print off a copy from wherever I am.

5. Brett Eliot profile image58
    Brett Eliotposted 6 years ago

If you ask me then I will keep my cell phone first lolzz.. Now days so spectacular cell phones and mobiles are being invented that they make your time passes with ease. Now motorola is coming in this game as well. If you want to read, then read my article at Cell Phones Blog (www.cellphonesattraction.com)

6. kennynext profile image73
    kennynextposted 6 years ago

You might want to get a world phone because your cell phone will most likely not recieve a signal there.

7. The Bucket Lister profile image62
    The Bucket Listerposted 6 years ago

Keep a list on you of:

-drugs you are taking
    -your blood type
    -who to contact in case of emergency

In case of an emergency, the medical team will know who to contact and what meds not to give you to avoid a bad reaction with something you're already taking.

8. profile image48
    loopeyposted 6 years ago

I would also take a copy of a living will/medical power of attorney in case of emergency. You could call a travel agent or the State Department and see what they recommend. Have a great trip.

9. Mamelody profile image60
    Mamelodyposted 6 years ago

Definitely Travel & Medical Insurance. Never travel without those or you'll be screwed. Plus keep scanned copies of your travel documents like your passport, your tickets etc. Also take emergency numbers of your next of Kin or anyone close to you in case of any problems.

10. Kasio Martin profile image80
    Kasio Martinposted 5 years ago

If you are going somewhere that is at a high altitude, ask your doctor for a prescription for dioxin to counter-act the effects of altitude sickness. It is TERRIBLE! I wrote about it in this hub. Happy travels!

http://kasiomartin.hubpages.com/hub/Ite … -countries