jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does your car really give you that mile per gallon promise?

1. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image77
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 6 years ago

Does your car really give you that mile per gallon promise?

2. ComfortB profile image86
    ComfortBposted 6 years ago

I would think it does. But sometimes I've wondered if I'm really getting my money's worth at the pump. Like I sometimes have this feeling that all I'm pumping in is "Gas".

3. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 6 years ago

I used to have a 66 rambler 6 cylinder that got better gas mpg than today's 4 cylinders.

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

I do believe after driving for more than 20 over years that the mile per gallon can be changed depending on the road condition as well as the speed of your car. Also if your car is designed to have less resistance to wind, it will increase your mileage.

So far I had tested on different cars that I had driven and know that if you keep the speed at 90 km per hour, you will have better mileage. If your car has 5 speed gear, then using the 5th gear helps to increase the mileage even further with a constant speed drive of 90 km per hour.

5. HSanAlim profile image66
    HSanAlimposted 6 years ago

My car(s) give me more than the mileage the manufacturer say they will. I utilize efficient driving techniques to get the most out of every liter or gallon of gas, benzine, petrol or what ever you want to call it.

6. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image77
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 6 years ago

Don't currently have a car but was curious to know if people are really aware if their car is making out on the mileage claims.

7. ChristineVianello profile image61
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

It takes me an hour to get to work so it seems that I am getting so much gas a week! At least $50 a week of gas I put into my gas. I guess for some it's not that much, but the price of gas is just outrageous!

working