jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Ever wanted to live in Tokyo, Japan?

1. sharehouse profile image59
    sharehouseposted 6 years ago

Ever wanted to live in Tokyo, Japan?

2. gavelect profile image79
    gavelectposted 6 years ago

Not quite sure I would like to live there however, I would love to visit.

3. magicrob profile image60
    magicrobposted 6 years ago

definitely. I spent 2 weeks in Tokyo and loved it. However I couldn't live there for more than 3 - 10 years, the UK is my homeland, and a very different country.

4. hildred profile image78
    hildredposted 6 years ago

I've lived in Saitama which is about an hour away by train. Day trips were fun, but I don't think I'd want to live there. (Well, I don't want to live in Japan permanently anyway, but if I had to I don't think it would be Tokyo.)

Tokyo is super, super expensive to live in. In fact it has one of the highest, if not THE highest, costs of living in the world. And what you can afford is usually shoebox sized, with tiny-tiny kitchens and barely enough room to roll out a futon. I think Tokyo is a great place to visit and catch up with people, but no, I wouldn't want to live there.

5. enjoymentofsound profile image60
    enjoymentofsoundposted 5 years ago

Yes and No. Yes, because there are so many beautiful things to explore and it could never get boring. No, because the cost of living is pretty high and I dislike crowded places.

6. Evane profile image53
    Evaneposted 2 years ago

Yes. I'd love to live in Japan forever. Japanese are the most wonderful people in the whole wide world.

working