jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How can you prevent jet lag?

1. Linda Bliss profile image92
    Linda Blissposted 6 years ago

How can you prevent jet lag?

2. juneaukid profile image78
    juneaukidposted 6 years ago

What we have done is to stay up as late as the people do that you are visiting in Ireland or Italy or Japan and go to bed at that time. THe next day usually is without jet lag.

3. profile image0
    MP50posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6179717_f260.jpg

The best way to stop jet lag occuring, is to go by boat...:-D

4. Blond Logic profile image99
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

I read once that it helped to put brown paper bags inside your shoes. Of course now, they ask you to remove your shoes. The bags flew out of my shoes, it was embarrassing.

5. Eliminate Cancer profile image60
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

Most important is to stay hydrated.  Drink lots of water.

Then depending on the time difference, push yourself in the other direction.  Try to stay up late (traveling west), or get up extra early (traveling east) to begin the adjustment process.

Some people take melatonin, that can help adjust your clock as well, especially if you're an older female, we stop producing it as well after we hit our mid-30s.

6. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

I have travelled around the world and my simple solution will be having enough rest between flights.

As long as you can managed to have enough rest for your body, it will take care of the jet lag.

It is a matter of routine to me. When my body needs me to sleep, then I will sleep so that when I wake up, I will be full of energy. So, when it comes to jet lag, it will not have much influence to me.

7. suzettenaples profile image91
    suzettenaplesposted 6 years ago

I don't know how to prevent jet lag, but I know how to combat it.  When you cross time zones and arrive at your destination,  stay up and don't take any naps.  Go to bed at your regular time in the time zone you are in, not by the time zone of where you left.  If you do that, it helps to ease the jet lag symptoms for the next several days.  Sleeping when you first arrive at your destination is the worst thing you can do.  It wrecks your internal clock.  If you do as I advised, your internal clock adjusts itself.

working