What are the top consideration when preparing to start "fulltiming" in an RV?

1. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

What are the top consideration when preparing to start "fulltiming" in an RV?

2. puter_dr profile image86
    puter_drposted 6 years ago

If you are doing this with as a couple, can the two of you do this and handle being in a closed space together for hours?
    Also, is the RV comfortable?
    Do what you can to make sure the bed is comfortable, and that can handle sleeping on it without discomfort.

Get a good GPS that can navigate the roads as well as find things along your route. Some of the best reasons for traveling are the side trips that are off the trail.
    If you have any kind of health problem, it might be good to have a list of your prescriptions and doctors.

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

My hubby and I made this jump about 6 years ago.............

the downside:

You WILL part with a lot of items, from the bathroom, the bedroom, the kitchen, the closets, the knick-knacks, photos , at least displaying them, ( mine are now in boxes) books, sheets, towels.........................you will part with your " stuff".   Some items will be difficult to get rid of.  I used to have a meat slicer, a counter top mixer.......now, I more skilled with a knife, and have learned to knead bread dough!

Make this your house rule...............bring something in........take
    something out.   There will not be room for clutter.

For 3 years, I had no kitchen table and my 'desk' was a truck toolbox!`

Now, with a newer trailer, I have a kitchen table..............my computer and printer takes up 2/3 of it!

No room for the comfort of company.   No one, not even your own kids want to spend the night or the weekend on the couch or floor.

When I am in the kitchen, either cooking or washing dishes and my hubby comes in, he IS in the way.

It is a very small bathroom..............I would so much like to have a long hot bath!

My door opens to the outside, rather than the inside...............I do not like that!

Easy to clean.
    Easy to pack up and take off.
    No room for those people who want to " stay awhile, until getting on their own feet".
    We are here because we want to be........not because we are mortaged to the bank.  After some extensive traveling,   our land is paid for, we have a well, and our electricty is less per month, than our weekly fuel bill to go to work!

working