jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you and your family ever shared a vacation house with another family?

1. Happyboomernurse profile image86
    Happyboomernurseposted 6 years ago

Have you and your family ever shared a vacation house with another family?

If so, was it a positive, fun experience or a disaster? Please give specifics as to why it worked well or was stressful.

2. hoteltravel profile image70
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

We have gone vacationing with friends a couple of times; each time with a different family. In fact, my children love this arrangement as they will have company. We always chose families with children the same age as ours, besides having similar tastes and views. I think, that is the reason why they are our friends. On each occasion, we stayed in twin villa-type accommodation with common living area. This gives both families privacy as well as easy access. If planned well, this is an excellent arrangement.

3. profile image0
    iamaudraleighposted 6 years ago

We shared a condo with people in Myrtle Beach , SC when I was a kid.  It was so much fun!!!

4. terrygail profile image59
    terrygailposted 6 years ago

For many years I and my husband (and daughter when she lived with us) shared vacation homes and rentals with another family.  We still do it now that we're empty-nesters, even though they aren't yet.  We love doing it because we have SO much fun together! smile

5. profile image49
    dogmatixposted 6 years ago

Yeah numerous times.

We usually shared a house at the beach with a family and it worked out perfect.
    You really have to decide what kind of people you all are. For example all of us were laid back so everyone just did their own thing.

Breakfast and Lunch everyone just ate something light and then for dinner the men had a barbecue while the women made salad, potatoes etc.

It was really fun for me because I am an only child and and the other family had more children for me to hang out with because lets face it what teenager wants to spend his summer vacation just with his parents.

6. giocatore profile image86
    giocatoreposted 6 years ago

I would never do that, and I might not even share with my own family.

7. ishwaryaa22 profile image88
    ishwaryaa22posted 6 years ago

When I was a kid, I, my parents and my close relatives who are also typical nuclear families. We went to a resort near the amusement park which is very far away from our homes. We all stayed in the resort and had a lot of fun-swimming, playing games, dining, chatting and all. Next day, we all went to the amusement park and had the whale of a time there. It was really an enjoyable experience!

8. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image74
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 6 years ago