jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Write a hub on the best getaway near your place on Good Friday weekend?

1. soni2006 profile image79
    soni2006posted 6 years ago

Write a hub on the best getaway near your place on Good Friday weekend?

Good Friday is coming on April 6, 2012 so you have three days in hand. Now give me some great travel ideas on how you will make the best of this weekend while traveling?

2. gmmurgirl profile image83
    gmmurgirlposted 6 years ago

Looking for a quick weekend getaway this Holy Week? Tagaytay is just a 2-hour drive away from Manila. This cool upland offers the respite from the unbeatable summer heat. read more

3. profile image0
    gogogoposted 6 years ago

Depends on your faith, some people do not celebrate Good Friday.  I would visit San Juan Capistrano, the beautiful old mission has lovely Good Friday and Easter services, it is near a few minutes drive to some of the most beautiful beaches, and April can be a nice month to be at the beach.  Like shopping, there is a large Mall a few minutes away, variety of restaurants, and many places to visit like Disneyland, Legoland, Sea World and the San Diego Zoo, all within an hours drive.

4. Laurel Brunvoll profile image82
    Laurel Brunvollposted 6 years ago

If you're looking for an amazing Easter Weekend option, consider the possibility of a trip to Washington, D.C. This family-friendly destination has more cultural, historical, literary, musical, and culinary happenings and sights to see than anyone... read more

5. profile image0
    sharonjoeposted 6 years ago

Praise the Lord!
    This is a very good question. However I would like to view and answer this question from a different angle.
    When you have 3 days in hand, everyone gets excited about a travel or holiday or a get-away..That's all good. But may I share with all of you what I personally would do? I would like to take this time of Good Friday and the following days to ponder upon the sacrifice Jesus paid for you and me..His Divine purpose of being born as a mere human being, walk on this earth for 33 years as a young man , suffer the worst death ever and finally, be seated on the Right Hand of the Father in Heaven. I would like to take time to re-commit myself to Him and His purpose... to re-dedicate myself to Him... to spread the love of God, wherever and whenever I can.
    I think this is what Christ expects from us, during the Holy Week. Let us all commit our ways and thoughts to Him..and He shall give us all things that are good and perfect in Him.