jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you could taste your country, what would it taste like?

1. maddot profile image80
    maddotposted 6 years ago

If you could taste your country, what would it taste like?

India is summed up in taste for me by a sweet dish called "rasmali"..it's simple yet exotic, refreshingly different. This made me try to think what taste I would use to sum up my country of Australia and I decided  on the mango because it's sweet, tangy, fresh like the surf yet has a depth of flavour and a complexity that represents the original ancient culture of the  Australian Aborigine.

2. wiserworld profile image93
    wiserworldposted 6 years ago

Maybe maple syrup mixed in with a bale of barley. Throw in some milk and we can all have breakfast up north. Party on Wayne.

3. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

hmmmmm. America is so diverse so each region has it's own specialty dishes...I live in the Northeast so maybe lobster with drawn butter would be it....or maybe warm apple pie.

4. Verbi profile image60
    Verbiposted 6 years ago

I think it's safe to say that the USA would taste like a Snickers bar.

5. kcsummers profile image65
    kcsummersposted 6 years ago

America, during an election year? I would say BITTER.

6. vicki simms profile image76
    vicki simmsposted 6 years ago

I live in the UK and with everything going on like the petrol prices going up, benefit arguments and so on, I would say it tastes a bit like stilton cheese! Tastes gone off and not nice lol........ wink

7. Hayley Richardson profile image81
    Hayley Richardsonposted 6 years ago

I think England would taste bland but good.  A dumpling, yorkshire pudding or a suet pudding maybe- something stodgy.