jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's the best way to kill downtime at an airport?

1. Max Dalton profile image90
    Max Daltonposted 5 years ago

What's the best way to kill downtime at an airport?

I used to have to fly every other month for work, and over the course of three years I found myself doing some weird things. I listened audio books, read books, magazines and so on, timed myself walking to and from specific points, guessed people's weights, counted shoe types and different types of shirts, and a whole laundry list of weird things. I don't really travel now, but I was hoping people could offer some of the best, or at least unique, ways to kill airport downtime.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I usually read or browse the internet on my laptop. If I'm there for a really long time I might watch a movie on my laptop.

3. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 5 years ago

If you are traveling on the same airline, join one of the airline clubs - its the best investment its great if you have long layovers. - its quiet, has snacks and drinks and you can totally relax away from the noisy masses. you can work, read do whatever, free internet.

4. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

When I would fly (before having kids), I always brought books to read. I spent the time either reading or people watching. I can stay pretty entertained just taking in everything going on around me.

Now that I have kids, I spend my time being the entertainer. I have to have tons of tricks in my bag to keep them busy and happy.

5. ccdursina profile image74
    ccdursinaposted 5 years ago

I plan on writing a hub about this. Stay tunned

working