jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What's the best nonfiction book you have read lately?

1. Anishpat profile image80
    Anishpatposted 5 years ago

What's the best nonfiction book you have read lately?

2. hmclio profile image83
    hmclioposted 5 years ago

Oddly, I don't read much non-fiction, or I haven't since semester ended but I recommend Landscape of History and the Cheese and the Worms, both wonderfully written non-fiction/essay type of books. Otherwise, the closest I've gotten to non-fiction is historical fiction. But I recently acquired a book on Henry V and the Battle of Agincourt which I look forward to reading as soon as I have time!

3. Bob Ewing profile image40
    Bob Ewingposted 5 years ago

The Vertical Farm is a must read book, and one of the best I have read in sometime.

4. backporchstories profile image81
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

About a year ago, I laid my hands on a book called, "The Horse Boy", by Rupert Isaacson.  Mr Isaacson is a freelance writer with a child who is autistic.  He writes this book in reflection of him and his wifes struggles with understanding the illness and how in their quest to better their son's life, they discover the healing power of horses. Since Mr Isaacson's discovery of the relationships of horse with those who are autistic, he has started a foundation where these kids can come and learn the joy of a horse as a companion.   It is a book that has left a lasting impression on me and for anyone who has to deal with autism, rather a parent, teacher, sibling .....this is highly recommended!

5. dmhenderson profile image60
    dmhendersonposted 5 years ago

Thomas E. Mann and Norman Ornstein's "It's Even Worse Than It Looks: How the American Constitutional System Collided With the New Politics of Extremism." The title says it all.

6. sethpowers profile image68
    sethpowersposted 5 years ago

The best nonfiction book I have read lately is "Getting Past No" by William Ury. It explains techniques for effective negotiating and has applications in sales, marketing, as well as your common spousal argument.