jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What Are Some Things to See and Do While in India?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

What Are Some Things to See and Do While in India?

If you have visited India, what are the places you would suggest a traveler visit? Places and things in India that you loved and would recommend?

2. prasadjain profile image72
    prasadjainposted 6 years ago

There are so many things to se3. it depends on your time schedule. Delhi, Kashmir, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Mount Abu, Udaipur, Ranakpur,Jaisalmer (all 6 places in Rajashtan state), Belur, halebid and Shravanabelagola in Karnataka, Madhurai and Chennai in Tamil Nadu, Trivendru in Kerala, etc. i have written many hubs on places to visit in India. you cannot forget Mumbai, Ajantha and Ellora in Maharashtra, Hyderabad and Golconda in Andhra.
    Wish you a jolly and Educative tour in India.

3. contentpundit profile image60
    contentpunditposted 6 years ago

I have already published two hubs about what to do in India when you visit here.

http://contentpundit.hubpages.com/hub/W … ravel-Tips

http://contentpundit.hubpages.com/hub/I … India-Many

4. ambee12 profile image82
    ambee12posted 5 years ago

I would recommend Mumbai definitely, a trip to the backwaters of Kerala, a tour of Rajasthan - the splendour of the desert and the palaces.  Kashmir for its beautiful beautiful sceneries and houseboats.  You should also go to Goa which is now becoming a world-famous destination for tourists.  Do not forget to visit the Taj Mahall.  I have been to India only once but I fell in love with it instantly.  I love Mumbai.  It would take someone a whole year to see India.  All regions of India have their own costumes, food, traditions and customs - north, south, east and west.  This is what makes India so unique and "mystic".

5. Wasteless Project profile image90
    Wasteless Projectposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7997573_f260.jpg

Visiting India is like visiting Europe - every region has its own charme and every season has different 'best' places to visit. And of course it all depends on your likings and preferences - do you love big cities, festivals and architecture? Or do you prefer solitude, beaches or the majesty of the Himalyas? Should it be an unknown place or do you like the buzz of a tourist destination?

Mega-Cities: Mumbai, Kolkata
    Festivals: Holi, Deewali (best in the North), Ganesh festival in Mumbai, Pongal in Tamil Nadu, Khala Goda Art festival Mumbai, Pride March Mumbai, Pushkar Mela
    Empty nature: National parks (every region has so many!), Ladakh region (May-October), Goa Inland (Nov-Feb), Thar desert (Nov-Feb), Trekking in the Himalayas (Mar-Oct), Mussoorie, Backwaters in Kerala, Assam, North-Eastern territories
    Architecture and Heritage: Hampi, Rajasthan (Udaipur, Jaipur, Agra, Jaisalmer...), Kajuraho, Ajantha and Ellora Caves, Taj Mahal...
    Tourist Hubs: Beaches in Goa (best Agonda), Pushkar and Manali (Hippie hangouts), Cochin, Kanyakumari (most Southern point of India), Rishikesh (Yoga and Meditation), Dharamshala, Ooty and Munnar (hillstations with pictureque tea plantations), Shimla monorail, Auroville (community life)

Either way - India offers something for everybody and has great destinations in any season!

working